Chapter 1: lovestruck in a deceased friend's bar.

(Y/n) (L/n), fate hasn't been nice to her nor her family. Like the soap opera blaring from the small TV she's currently watching along with 5 other women, on the other corner of the room another 2 was listening to the news on a wooden radio box, all coddled up in a small squared room.

 She was damned by her hometown to leave her comfortable life and hit the streets. The difference is just that she's unfortunately on the villain's side in this story. (Y/n)'s distant cousin was deeply obsessed with a man and has been using her family's wealth and authority to pursue him. When word got around that he already got another woman in his heart, without hesitation or fact checking, she bullied an innocent girl to the brink of death, closing the curtain by poisoning her and her closest aide. Without realising, her cousin just poisoned a high ranking governor's daughter who was well loved by the entire province. She was sentenced to life in solitude, rotting away in prison while the rest of the (L/n)'s family took the blame. Cursed to be driven out of the country with unfair treatment and assault. (Y/n)'s family members were stripped out of their position. After the attempted arson from the villagers, her dad and uncle called for a final family meeting and use the very last of their authority to allocate all their family members to different places, under different surnames to protect everyone.

"If it comes the day fate sympathises with our suffering, we shall see each other again" with that, everyone was gone, she haven't heard back from any of her cousins or siblings.

She couldn't count how long that was with her fingers, but she remembered moving around alot, and ended up here, a famous bar in the red light district of China. (Y/n) now lives with 7 other women, with different stories and background. Who knows if any of them were kidnapped like she was, but all of them knew that's not a topic to be tread lightly.

a loud noise from outside of the door brought everyone back to their senses, it's 6pm, the orange hued sunlight shines through the dusty window.

"I can't believe our dance hall owner's dead" one of the woman who was listening to the radio mumbled "What will we do now?"

"They'll probably kick us out. I got some connections with the bar in another city, so I can move there if something happens here" the women chattered as they walked out of the room, grumbling about the soap opera and the news of their dead colleague.

"Today's friday, it's going to be a busy night" Qiqi, a young looking girl beamed. Qiqi came after (Y/n), but her youthful look and sweet mouth swayed customers that none of the girls in the bar could, troubled old rich men.

Maybe because her bright personality made up for their emotionally unavailable daughters back home, that or she's just really good at talking and keeping them company.

"Friday's your favorite isn't it" (Y/n) smiled, as she walked out of the room with Qiqi, down the long dimly lit corridor to the room where the other girls are in, then plop herself down on her vanity corner of the room

"Ofcourse! Friday's the day everyone bring me good meals" Qiqi explained as she tied her hair in 2 buns "I heard westerners have these people called sugar babies, I think it's really right up my alley"

"And how do you know that?" (Y/n) chuckled

"It's true! one of my clients told me" Qiqi explained, picking glittering hair clips from the vanity table "I'm currently saving up to move out and pursue that career path! just you wait!"

"Before you can buy a ticket atleast learn how to read" one of the girls spoke loudly as other chimed in. Even though non of the girls knew eachother before, they had this unbreakable bond of being in a tough situation together and that silent bond is enough to last a lifetime.