• Chapter 1 •

"Today's the day that I finally get a new dorm mate!" I shouted as I jumped up from my bed, at my high school we have dorms that are on the side of the campus where we live with a chosen dorm mate. The only problem is that the dorm mates are assigned boy,girl so I'll never get to share a dorm with my best friend alya . I hated my current dorm mate because he's a gross slob and never picks up his messes, his names Kim he's annoying and tries to hit on me all the time. I walked to my closet and put out shorts and a long sleeve shirt, I did my hair and makeup then put on my backpack and walked out of my dorm to find alya waiting for me. "Hey girl! Are you excited to see who your new dorm mate is?" She said sounding as excited as me "yes! I'm really hoping it's a respectful nice guy this time".

Alya and I walked through the hall way and into our biology class, we sat down at our usual table together since we were lab partners. We put down our backpacks and took out our note books to start but then the teacher stopped us, "So today class I'm going to have to move your seating chart because some students can't keep quiet during class" I smacked my head right on the table and sighed because I knew that she was talking about me and alya, alya loves to gossip during class and now we had to move seats because of it.

I was moved to a back table and alya was in the front, "ok I think that's perfect" ms.Mendeleiev
Said. I looked around confused and raised my hand she looked at me and nodded "yes marinette?" "I don't have a partner?" I said pointing at the empty seat next to me with confusion, " oh yes you do, it's just a matter of if he shows up" she said with a slightly evil smile. I sat there confused but just brushed it off and put my notebook on the table.
A few seconds into doing our notes a boy burst into the classroom everyone was startled but my eyes shot up at the doorway to see a blonde boy begging the teacher not to mark him late again, "just got to your seat Adrian" she said. Then as this boy was looking for his seat, we made eye contact he had green eyes I stared into them for a good minute while he stared into mine. We finally broke eye contact and he walked over to the seat next to me, I scooted my chair away from his and just continued to write my notes without looking at him. It was awkwardly quiet at our table till he started to speak, "hey I'm adrian Agres-" I cut him off "shut up the teacher is gonna move me again if we talk"  I said still facing down at my notes "you got moved for talking? Isn't that a little middle schoolish"  I looked up at him offended and he had a small smile on his face "isn't it a little immature to say middle schoolish?" I smiled back we were smiling at each other for a second before I dropped the smile and went back to my notes. After this class was lunch and I'll get to see who my new dorm mate is!

I heard the bell ring and started putting my book away till I felt a hand on my shoulder I turned around and adrian was looking at me with a warm smile "so I never got your name" I rolled my eyes slightly "marinette" I said reluctantly. I walked out to the hallway and saw Alya waiting for me " let's go see who our new dorm mates are!"