Part Four

Domino City Private Estates, Japan

11:00 AM

Seto could only frown at the news he had just received.

"Face it, Kaiba, you lost your best agent thanks to your ignorance and selfishness," Yugi said from the other line.

Seto sighed as he massaged his forehead with one of his hands.

"What?"

"I made myself clear, Kaiba. Either you accept Mana and I are together, or we both quit our positions at the agency."

Seto opened his mouth to argue, but Atem continued.

"Don't you even dare threaten us or say who would hire us? Mind I remind you that I have more than enough money to live luxuriously for the rest of my life? Or what about the fact that Mana and I can become private detectives who would not only bring far more customers than your agency combined?"

"Damn you, Atem." Seto thought bitterly.

"Fine, I accept your conditions," Seto replied through clenched teeth.

"Oh, and I'm taking my saved up vacation now. I won't be back till next year." with that, Atem had hanged up, leaving a red-headed Seto in his office on a Sunday morning.

"I didn't lose him," Seto replied, picturing Yugi's wide smirk.

"Oh? What am I hearing? You, Seto Kaiba, agreed to all of Atem's conditions?"

"Yes," Seto let out.

"My my, how you've changed."

Seto frowned at Yugi's reply. It was because of him his younger cousin didn't get the girl of his dreams.

"Yugi, I wanted to say that I apologize for."

"Mmmm, Yugi," a woman moaned from the other side of the line.

Seto's eyes widened as his face showed an expression of disgust.

"Are you having sex during a phone call?" Seto sneered.

"Perhaps..." There is more moaning. "I'll have to call you back later. I need to make up for the time I've lost with Anzu."

"Anzu Mazaki?" Seto let out.

"Didn't she get married after quitting her job at the agency?" Seto's eyes almost popped out as he frantically asked, "Is she cheating on her husband with you?"

"Mmm, no. Long story short but Anzu divorced a long time ago, and we've been dating ever since. I have to go now. By-"

Seto didn't bother letting his cousin finish as Anzu's moans started to disgust him even more.

Placing his phone down on his work table, Seto stood up from his chair and walked towards the small figure on the rug near the open balcony doors overlooking Domino City.

"Come here," Seto said, scooping up the baby in his arms. "Your father needs your hug desperately after what your Uncles put him through today."

"Dada." the baby bladdered, touching its father's face.

"Seto! What does Mana mean by saying that you were the reason Atem and her couldn't be together all these years?" his wife screamed, frustrated.

"Uh oh, looks like Dada is in trouble." Seto groaned as the baby looked at him.

"Dada! Dada!" the baby giggled as Kisara burst into his home office with a furious expression.

"Kisara, I can explain-"

"Put my baby down and prepare to die."

Seto cursed at himself. He never should've kept his cousins away from their lovers.

CASE CLOSED

____________________________________

Note(s):

The reason why I chose to center Atem and Seto as detectives is in dedication to Eric Stuart. He is the American voice actor who provides the english dub for Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! According to wiki, Eric Stuart's father is a criminal attorney. So I used this as an inspiration to make Seto owner/CEO of a detective agency. Both jobs are dedicated to helping, serving, and protecting the innocents. 

Author's Note:

Oh poor Seto, hahaha. Well that's all folks. That's the end of the story. I hope you enjoyed it.

Also, did you guys catch that season 0 reference of Yu-Gi-Oh! in chapter 2?