Chapter 21: Team up

Tw: Injuries, angst, explosions. Nothing that bad this time.

"Woolf?" Nadwe knocks on the phantom's house.
He opens the door sleepily. "Is it that time already?"
"Yes." Nadwe looks at the rising sun. "You need to make it dark out."
"Okay. I'll begin my sorcery." Woolf leaves into his house.
As soon as the sky starts to cloud Nadwe leaves.

***

Darkness peaks over the sky as Nadwe walks up to the obsidian prison.
He presses the button and the place opens up into the dank prison.
"H-hello?" There's a rustling from inside a giant pit in the middle of the place.
"Hello again, L4ff." The vampire steps up to the pit his dark tail coat trailing behind.
Laff stares at him with some level of confusion almost as if he was trying to recognize Nadwe.
"It's been awhile." Nadwe hisses.
"I-I don't think I've met you before." Laff answers uncertainly.
"Cut the act. I know what you did and I'm here to get rid of you once and for all."
"What? I don't even know you."
Nadwe pulls out his sword. "Don't play with me. You've done some really messed up things but killing Tbh was the last straw."
Finally there's a glint of recognition in Laff's eyes. "Tbh? H-he helped me fix up my church after a storm a couple months back."
"Stop with the lies! You've been locked up in the prison for months without a single visit until you killed Tbh."
Laff clutches his head. "I-I don't even know why I'm here or who you are. I-I'm so confused."
"You're here because you're a murderer and a traitor!"
"N-no! I can't be!"
"Stop playing games! You know what you did. Now tell me!" Nadwe yells.
"I don't remember!" Laff cries. "I don't understand what's happening!"
"I don't believe you!" Nadwe shouts but his voice falters a bit.
"I-I can't remember. I'm sorry."
Nadwe clenches his fist. "Fine if you want to play this game, tell me what you do recall."
"I-I remember my friend Blaza and the church. I bought the rights and rebuilt the broken areas. Th-then Blaza pulled away from our partnership." Laff stops for a moment to think. "I heard a voice in the church. We became new partners. I was a priest for years until I was hired to wed a cow and a man. Meme? I think that was his name."
"And what did you do after that?" Nadwe stares at him with his red eyes.
"I-I saw Blaza there. I remember the day of the wedding. I was there with Socks and then..." Laff begins to tremble. "Then I...I didn't mean t-to. I wasn't in c-control."
"So, you do recall killing Wiktoria, my mother."
"Your mother?" Laff looks up at him. His gas mask still completely hiding his face despite its leather pealing.
Nadwe jumps down into the hole. "Yes, my mother. I'm Nadwe, her adopted son. The one you tormented because of his vampirism."
"I-I don't-
"Shut it." Nadwe comes up to him. "All you've ever done is cause us problems. You killed so many people without any remorse. Tell me, why shouldn't I kill you right now?"
"The voice. It was the voice not me."
"Alright if you're not the voice then who are you, L4ff?"
"I-I'm Laff. I'm a priest." Laff replies quietly.
"You're a villain." Nadwe snarls and rips the gas mask of Laff's face. Curly auburn hair can be seen under it along with a pair of tear soaked green eyes. Nadwe takes a sudden step back. "Wh-why do you look human?"
"Because I am."
"No! I saw you! You're a robot!"
"I was never truly like that." Laff looks down at his hands. One of the gloves was ripped revealing his badly scarred hand. "The metal ripped out of my bones. I don't understand why I didn't bleed."
Nadwe cautiously touches his hand. "I don't understand."
"You and me both." Laff replies.
"You hunted me for so long. Now you're telling me it wasn't really you?"
"Yes."
"Why should I believe you?"
"I don't have a reason why, except for it's the truth." Laff whispers. "I think I may have unleashed something terrible."
"Can you fix it?"
Laff nods. "I think so."
"How?"
"The church. It must be destroyed."
Nadwe looks at him for a few moments before turning to leave.
"Wait!"
"What?" Nadwe turns to him with a growl.
"Please, free me."
"I don't think I can ever trust you, Laff."
"I know you can't. I barely trust myself but I want to make things right." Laff says.
Nadwe comes up to him. "If I let you go, you listen to me. If you step out of line I will kill you."
"I understand." Laff replies.
Nadwe raises his sword and slashes the chains, once, twice, three times but still nothing. "This is taking forever." Nadwe grumbles and throws some armor to Laff.
"Why-
"Put it on." Nadwe replies putting his own on then pulling out a large stack of tnt.
As soon as Laff sees it he hurriedly puts his on with some difficultly.
Nadwe lights the tnt and the whole pit explodes breaking the chains. The prison is bathed in a emergency red light. Alarms start to blare and the prison's doors begin to close.
"Run!" Nadwe pulls Laff to his feet and runs towards the exit.
"Are you crazy?" Laff asks alongside him.
"A little." Nadwe replies and they slip under the prison door just before it slams closed.
The two lay there for a few moments catching their breath.
Laff looks out at the cloudy sky. "It feels like forever since I've seen the outside. I've been trapped in darkness for who knows how long."
"Well, welcome back to reality then." Nadwe gets to his feet.
Laff stands up swaying a bit.
"If you pass out, I won't catch you." Nadwe remarks.
"I won't. I just haven't eaten in a long time."
"You don't need to. You're a robo-oh."
"Yeah. Got any food?" Laff asks.
"Nope. I drink blood."
"Y-you weren't joking about the vampire thing?"
"Nope. C'mon let's go get you some food and then blow up the church."