Part 1 :B̶a̶r̶s̶a̶a̶t̶

3rd February 2010

Khushi was sitting patiently in front of her dressing table while her Jiji, Payal was getting her ready for the upcoming event and her beloved buaji was giving her some lessons regarding the upcoming meeting. Khushi had no interest in those lessons yet She was bearing all those makeup and lessons just for her bauji.

''Titliye. maine jo kaha tumane theek se suna hai na? (Butterfly, Did you hear what I said?)'' Buaji noticed her nonchalant behaviour.

''Haan haan buaji. mainne sab kuchh ache se suna hai aur yaad bhee karliya. (yes yes,I have heard everything clearly and remember them also )'' Khushi replied.

"Tanik hamako bhee to batao jara ki kya suna hai tumne! ( Tell us a little bit, what have you heard!)'' Buaji asked, raising her eyebrow.

''Hey DM yah kahaan phas gayi main? (Hey DM, where did I get stuck?) Chal Khushi shuroo ho ja (let's start Khushi)'' Kushi mumbled and looked at her buaji who was looking at her annoyingly.

''Ok.. First I will greet them with my ever-so-sweet voice. I will not look at them directly. I will behave like a typical Deshi Girl. Then I'll serve them tea. I would ask everyone their preference before adding sugar to their cup. I will not look at the man whose marriage proposal has come for me. I'll sit among the ladies of their family. And if they like me I'll not Object in front of them. Okay?'' Khushi said in one go and faked a smile.

''Alright. Don't you dare to do the opposite? I'm going to check the arrangement. Payaliya you go and check where Shashi babua is.'' Buaji ordered and left from there.

Garima came there after a while and admired her younger daughter and put a kajal mark behind her ear.

''kisee kee najar na lage meri bacchi ko. (Save my daughter from the evil eye.)'' Garima said with tears in her eyes.

"Itni bhi centi maat ho aab Amma.(Don't get so emotional mom!)'' Khushi rolled her eyes.

''You shut up. Do everything as per buaji's instructions. This time I'm not going to listen to your tantrums. This is your fifth time Khushi. Why do you keep rejecting every proposal? This time I saw the boy beforehand. He is very nice and handsome too. So you better don't try to make any blunder knowingly.'' Eyeing her, Garima went out of the room.

Khushi flares her nose in annoyance. This was their very time routine. A family would come to see her and everyone would act as if they were coming to marry her and at the end she would reject the prospective groom directly.

''What can I do if I don't like that guy? It's all because of jiji. Who told her to date Akash ji and then marry him so soon. She should have taken some more time then I wouldn't have to face this day so early. All because of her and no one understands me.'' Khushi shouted, throwing her arms in the air.

''Is that so bitiya?'' Came a question from behind.

Khushi looked behind and found her dear bauji standing there and smiling at her.

''No. Only you love me.'' Khushi replied with a pout.

Shashi came to her and hugged her, Khushi hugged him back and hid her face in her father's chest as if she was trying to hide from everyone. Shashi caressed her head smilingly.

''Bitiya. Why are you spoiling your mood? Don't listen to them. you just do whatever your heart says. Don't think about others. I'll always be beside you in your every decision. You know na?'' Shashi asked.

''Hmmm,'' Khushi hummed in response.

''Now smile and come out with your jiji. Ok?'' Shashi asked.

Khushi nodded her head and came out of the hug. Shashi patted her back and went out to welcome the guests.