Seeds of Love

One winter day, I was on the balcony watching Belle, Mei (clad in her white snowsuit) and Philippe with the footstool and the dogs. Mei found a nearby stick and played fetch with him. He caught the branch and walked towards Mei.

"That a boy! Good boy!" Mei giggled while hugging him.

I smiled tenderly at the moment.

"I've never felt this way about anyone." The Beast said, looking at Belle from a distance. "I want to do something for her. But what?"

"We could help, mate." I encouraged.

"Well, there's the usual things--flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep..." Cogsworth listed.

"Not that sort of thing." I shook my head, chuckling.

"Ahh, no, no...It has to be something very special. Something that sparks her interest...wait a minute." Lumiere suggested.

"Charming notion...! She loves books, doesn't she?" I excitedly exclaimed.

I watched as the Beast led Belle to the library; she had her eyes closed until the Beast said to open them.

When Belle opened her eyes, she saw millions of books and she was elated.

"I can't believe it! I've never seen so many books in all my life!" Belle exclaimed excited.

"You—You like it!" Beast was elated too.

"It's wonderful!" Belle exclaimed.

"Then it's yours." The Beast smiled generously.

"Oh, thank you so much!" Belle replied excited.

I smiled, knowing the plan worked.

"What happened?" Mei sidled up to me.

"Oh, would you look at that?" Mrs. Potts was elated.

"Ha-ha! I knew it would work!" Lumiere laughed.

"That was a brilliant plan!" I remarked.

"What? What worked?" Chip asked.

"What plan?" Mei asked too.

"It's very encouraging." Cogsworth smiled.

"Isn't it exciting!" Fifi clamored in excitement.

"I didn't see anything!" Chip exclaimed.

"Me either but I have a feeling it's good!" Mei smiled as well.

"Come along, Chip. There's chores to be done in the kitchen." Mrs. Potts told her boy.

"I'll help!" Mei chimed cheerily.

"But what are they talking about? What's going on? C'mon, Mom!" Chip protested.

I shook my head, chuckling as Chip said this.

**********************************************
We all were having breakfast with the Beast that one morning with Mrs. Potts in the middle of the table. I sat with Belle while Mei sat with the Beast. All three of us were using our table manners but the Beast was stuffing his face with food. We all turned away, trying to ignore it but Chip came to the rescue with a spoon to hand to the Beast. He tried eating with the spoon but with no success. Chip giggled but Mrs. Potts gave him an admonishing look. Soon, Belle and the Beast came to a compromise as they sipped on their breakfast.

***********************************************
All four of us were outside feeding the birds. I sensed that there was something growing between Belle and the Beast. Mei felt it too.