No more nightmares

This is my first fanfic ever so I'm very sorry if it's shit. English isn't my first language either so I'm sorry if something isn't grammatically correct or I misspelled something :)

"No no no no!", Crowley yelled before he miracled the door to the bookshop open. It was on fire again. But I felt different. Not like the last time, before Armageddon't. Crowley felt more helpless than the first time.

It was probably because when the door opened he saw four beings dressed in light colored suits standing around a very distressed Aziraphale. The beings were archangels. One of them (Crowley guessed that it was Michael) was holding a sword.

"Crowley!", Aziraphale screamed as the archangel plunged the sword into his chest. He fell to the ground and Crowley froze. Another archangel (Crowley guessed Gabriel) took the sword and without hesitation cut Aziraphale's wings off.

Crowley heard a noise and Beelzebub and Hastur appeared.

"There you are. We thought we'd find you here", Beelzebub buzzed. "Hastur", they snapped their fingers to get Hastur's attention.

Hastur took the bucket he was holding in both hands and threw its contents at Crowley. It was holy water. He screamed.

He sat up. Face cold with sweat and tears and he was panting. He looked around him. It was awfully light and not like his dark flat at all. He looked down and saw the blanket he had on. It was tartan. He must have fallen asleep in the bookshop.

He looked in the way of Aziraphale's desk and just as he thought, he was sitting there, reading. He was relieved to see that the angel was still alive.

That feeling didn't last for long though because he remembered the contents of the dream and he became very, very quiet.

"Oh, I see you've woken up, dear", Aziraphale said as he closed his book and turned to walk to the couch. He stopped in his steps for a moment before running up to Crowley. "Dear, what happened?", he had a worried look on his face.

"Nnn", was all Crowley could say.

"What happened, dear? This isn't like you", Aziraphale pleaded.

"No, it's nothing"

"It's definitely something. This isn't like you!"

"Just a nightmare, nothing much, angel", Crowley sighed.

"Oh dear", Aziraphale sat beside the demon on the couch. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Crowley sat in silence with a thousand different thoughts in his head.

Aziraphale saw how much distress the demon was in and he reached his arm to Crowley's shoulder. "May I?", Aziraphale asked. Crowley nodded, not really knowing what he was agreeing to.

Aziraphale reached out and put his arms around Crowley, hugging him. Crowley didn't know what to do when Aziraphale did this but after a moment he hugged back. It was a long and warm hug. Crowley felt a weird feeling of warmth spread across his whole body. It was a very good feeling though.

"Do you want to tell me about your dream, dear?", Aziraphale asked. Crowley started thinking about the dream and he began crying.

"It's okay, it's okay", Aziraphale said in a soothing voice, still hugging Crowley.

"Y-you", Crowley cried.

"What about me?", Aziraphale asked.

"Arch-archangels. K-killed y-you", Crowley sobbed.

"They killed me?"

"Mm. Ha-Hastur threw h-holy water at m-me"

Aziraphale drew circles on Crowley's back. "It's okay, I'm still here, I won't leave you. It was just a dream", he said in a really soothing voice.

"They cu-cut off y-your wi-ings", Crowley was sobbing at this point.

Aziraphale lifted the demon up in his lap and Crowley buried his head in Aziraphale's shoulder. "Oh dear. It's okay, I'm here. I'm not going to leave you", shushed Aziraphale.

They sat like this for about 20 minutes before Crowley pulled away from the hug and said "I'm so happy you're still here and that you don't think I'm gross because I'm a demon. If Gabriel or Michael or Uriel or Sandalphon ever try to do anything to you I will kill them. Or not kill them, I can't really do that but I will do something that will fucking hurt. I love you, angel", his breath hitched when he realized his slip up.

Aziraphale's face lit up. "You love me?", he said with a big smile.

"Ngk", that was the only thing Crowley could come up with.

"Aw, I love to, darling", Aziraphale patted Crowley on his back.

"Nn- you do?!", Crowley said, very surprised.

"Of course I do, you silly serpent", Aziraphale giggled.

Crowley buried his face in the angel's chest and snuggled up against him.

They spent the rest of the night cuddling and talking about times where they had been painfully obvious but the other one was just oblivious.