Chapter 1: The start of it all

I took my first few steps outside. My body meeting face to face with the cold,brisk air. I had no destination in mind. I just decided to walk until the sky turned a deep shade of black and I can no longer see the branches among the trees. My cheeks immediately began to redden and my body eventually became covered in goosebumps. I just needed to breath. I needed to suppress the evil thoughts that were circling around and around in my head. I ask myself why I was given a life like this? A life where I am constantly living in angst and sadness. A life in which a mother can't even glance at her own daughter without remorse, a father who doesn't even know his own daughter's name, and a step- father who drowns himself in alcohol in order to suppress his emotions.  A life where I have to use bottles of makeup a month in order to cover up. the green and blue bruises that covers either my face or other parts of my body. That's what I'm trying to understand. For what. I sat down at a park bench and stared at the still water, listening to the rustling of the trees and the chirping of the crickets. This was the only place that calmed me. This was the only place I can be myself. I looked around for a bit trying to find something that interested me but to no avail.

"Guessing you had a long day?" Someone said from my left. I jumped in fright as I looked to see who it was. It was my only friend Zeke.

"You can say that." I replied regaining my breath.

"Don't worry about it Drew, it will soon get better." He answered taking the seat beside me.

"Yeah that's what my therapist said but we all know, that's just a load of sh- " I began but soon got cut off.

"Shut up." Zeke replied. "Just enjoy nature,for it can be the only way for you to find peace." He added. I rolled my eyes not understanding where Zeke gets his uncanny words from.  

"How did you find me?" I asked, 

Zeke's eyes stayed glued onto the water, "Your bedroom light was off, I knew you were done with work, and this is the only place you ever go." 

He glanced at me then, showing me a small reassuring smile. Zeke many times tried to get involved in my current situation but I begged him not to. It was more I who was terrified on what would happen. I didn't want the police involved, I didn't want child protective services involved, I didn't want to make the situation worse. 

"Thanks for coming." I whispered... Zeke patted my knee and we both watched the trees danced in the wind. For I, soon began to breath slowly and my body soon relaxed into a 'normal' state.

Hello !! I'm random pizza and this is my new story called unbalanced. I have a lot of ideas for this story so please stick around so that you can see what they are! Please comment, vote and like! Update shall be coming soon!