Chapter 4: Try-Outs

( PEEPPPPP Aiden on top!!!! what a beauty!!!! Shout out to all the foster fans out there, what a great show!!!) Okay okay continue with the story! 

*phone buzzing* 

*Phone buzzing*

I moaned, then turned around in my bed in order to see who was texting me so early in the morning. It was 9 AM not so early, but Saturdays were the only days I get to sleep in because I have no school. It was a text from Zeke. I smiled a bit to myself, let's see what kind of adventures he has for today. 

'GOOOOOD MORNNING !! YOU UP?' 

'sadly yes lol what's up?' I placed my phone back down on my pillow as I tried to close my eyes again. 

'WAKE UP! Come to try outs! It will be fun, I'm there plus you love playing and watching soccer. ' Zeke typed. 

'But I am the main reason why you should come :) ' He immediately texted after. 

I smiled typing back my reply, 'You know me so well, I'll come, when does it start? p.s not for you it's for all the other soccer players! ' 

'Yada yada, 10:30 , I'll pick you up.' Zeke texted back. 

     I jumped off my bed and immediately went into the bathroom to take a quick shower and start getting ready. I thought about the times I used to play soccer before my mother met my step-father, that was when I wasn't allowed to do many things because he became so controlling. I was actually pretty good, maybe I will figure out a way to play again under wraps. After my shower, I put on a pink anti-social hoodie and adidas pants with some ugg slippers making sure to place my soccer shoes in my a small bag. I placed my phone in my pocket and waited fro Zeke to notify me that he was outside. I opened my bedroom door and listened to see if anyone was home. Fortunately for me, no one was. But I made sure to place a note on the kitchen table to say I went to work on a group project and spend some time at the library and won't be home till late.  I made sure to place a few notebooks in my backpack so that they can cover the outline of my soccer shoes. I got a text from Zeke saying that he was outside and I quickly ran out of the house just in case someone decided to come home at that exact moment. 

"Hello, you ready?!' Zeke said as he excitedly tapped on the steering wheel of his hunter green jeep. He is currently sporting a Messi soccer jersey, and black nike shorts. 

"Yes I am, let's go!" I replied with a smile. 

Zeke is one of the only people that can naturally make me smile, without even trying. Even though I sometimes fantasize on what it would be like to be more than a friend to him, I realized that I would rather have him as my best friend. I wouldn't know what I would do without him by my side. 

**** 

*whistle blows* 

"Alright boys! Welcome to Crosswood High varsity men soccer try outs. I am Mr. Henry and I will be your couch for this season." Mr. Henry stated with his hands behind his back. 

I watched from the sidelines as Mr.Henry did his little introduction to all the possible new recruits. I smiled when I saw Zeke size up every single guy standing before him. He is too much sometimes. My eyes drifted over the recruits until they stopped on one individual. Aiden. He stood there off to the side, placing all his weight on his right foot as the couch spoke. He was surely dazing off into space until Mr. Henry abruptly yelled for everyone to get ready for stretching. He turned around and his eyes met mine. His eyes widened just a fracture then he offered a small smile. I gave a small smile back, then quickly diverted my gaze. I can't deny that he looks really hot in his soccer attire, but I know it is all a bad idea. 

     Soccer try-outs ended at around noon and I gotta say, they have a good number of recruits that could possibly be good assets to the team. Especially Aiden. He maneuvered himself really well on the field and the most important part was that he was a team player which Crosswood does need. Too many egos on that team from what Zeke tells me. I watched as all the guys grabbed their things to head on home, before I stood up to play some on my own. Mr. Henry allowed people to play on his field as long as he was present. I tied my soccer shoes and took a a soccer ball from one of the bags and walked to the center of the field. I practiced dribbling for a bit realizing that I lost some of my touch. 

"Not bad." I heard from my left as I tried to switch the ball from one foot to the other. 

I glanced up and saw that Aiden was walking towards me, in a light beige hoodie that fitted his tall figure well.   

"You don't have to be nice, I definitely need some work. " I replied, looking back down at the soccer ball. 

"No no, not me being nice, just being honest. " He replied, "Here pass the ball" 

Aiden motioned with his hand for me to kick the ball towards him, so that he can try some on his own. 

"Just keep going at it, then you will soon be at the level you wanna be at, it just seems you are little stiff with the motions.Not quite committed to memory just yet." He stated as he swiftly bounced the soccer ball from his knee to the top of his foot.

"Yeah its been a long time since I touched a soccer ball." I answered watching him get lost in his movements. He passed the ball back to me and watched as I continued to practice.

"Your bruise seems to be getting better." He said studying my face. 

I abruptly stopped, "Y-ye...yea, its fine, not a big deal, it was small. "  I answered not knowing how to respond. It took me by surprise that he would even mention it. 

"Not a big deal? It took half your face. " he said raising an eyebrow. "I used to get those when I played soccer but only when I used to glide or run into someone. " 

"Yup. No big deal, and I would appreciate if you stop talking about it thanks." I said rudely. I picked up the ball and decided that I practiced enough today. 'Where the hell is Zeke' I thought to myself. I began to walk away. "I'll see you around." 

"Wow sorry for making sure you were okay, didn't know that was such a crime. " He replied, shaking his head, anger rising within him. 

I didn't answer him and kept on walking off the field. Luckily, I found Zeke typing away on his phone at the entrance of the field. He heard me come his way and glanced up, "There you are! I didn't want to interrupt anything so I decided to wait here until you were done with your conversation or whatever. " He said raising his arm to wrap it around my shoulders. He furrowed his eyebrows, "Why do you look mad?" 

"Nothing, let's just go home, or actually grab something to eat, you hungry?" I replied with a small smile, the anger diminishing slowly from the interaction with Aiden. 

"Thought you'd never ask." Zeke stated with a smile leading me out the field to his car. 

I looked behind me seeing if Aiden was still there on the field where I left him, but there was no one around just the sound of the wind. 

Hey guys!!!!!! Sorry for the super super long haitus! I am back, did some revisions, and re thought how I wanted to write this chapter. I really hope you guys like where the short story is going so far. PLease please please like, vote, comment! I would love to hear some of your ideas or thoughts. This is my first story ever and I would love to hear some feedback! 

-rANDOMpIZZAS