Chapter 2: Any regular day

Song:Medicine- daughters, I listened to this song while writing this excerpt, beautiful song I definitely recommend it!

I came home late that night and snuck into my bedroom window on the first floor. I always leave it unlocked just in case I wanted to get some fresh air during the night. I didn't want to wake up my mother because if she found out I was out until this late,she would tell him and then I wouldn't be able to attend my classes for a week. I laid down on my bed and my body felt at ease. I surprisingly felt comfortable for once in this place I'm supposed to call home. Unfortunately, my thoughts were caught short when my step-father bursted into my room. My body started to tremble. Who knew how powerful and impactful an individual's presence can be on someone. He stalked towards me and grabbed my shirt pulling me close to his face.

"You don't think I know where you've been!" He yelled. His breath wreaking of alcohol. I tried not to cry because that showcases weakness and I can't convey to him that I was weak and vulnerable. He pushed me to the floor and struck me right in the face.

"Let it be the last time you go out late at night and come back at this hour, this isn't a hotel." He yelled. I clutched my jaw and stared down at the floor, not bothering to look at him.

"Answer me!" He bellowed.

"Yes sir." I mumbled angrily my anger slowly welling and churning in my gut. I heard someone approach my bedroom door, and when I checked to see who it was. I was immediately disappointed and disgusted with the person I saw. How can she call herself a good mother? How can she bear to watch her own daughter get struck by a drunk? I still can't fathom it. I don't think I ever will. ****

I woke up the next morning startled by another nightmare. I was currently on the floor. I must've fallen asleep here.I grasped my jaw and moved it around trying to loosen the tight muscle. I can still feel it throbbing. Guess I wished it was a nightmare. My cheek was indeed swollen when I went to check myself in the bathroom mirror before taking a shower. I put on my black skinny jeans and red plaid shirt, along with a gray beanie that rested loosely on my sandy blonde ,brownish hair. I placed my backpack that was always almost empty on my right shoulder and I walked out the front door not bothering to eat breakfast or shed a glance at the woman whom I call my mother.

I walked quietly to school, The killers blasting through my iPod ear phones, creating some type of distraction from my current situation. Once I made it to school grounds, I was already receiving weird glances at my cheek. I'm feared at school. People tend to mistake my wounds and assume I'm always getting into fights. I chuckle at the thought. They don't even know who's actually behind it. But I preferred to be feared,saves me the embarrassment of holding a conversation or the awkwardness of finding a table to sit at. I'm the epitome of a loner and that's how I like it. Zeke comes my way with a smile but soon turned into a frown when he saw my face. "Got caught?" He whispered, looking at my huge bruise, slightly touching it with his fingertips.

"What you think?" I said sarcastically.

"One more year, then you are out of there." He reassured me, lowering his hand, his eyes searching for any more bruises.

"Trust me I'm counting down the days till college life." I replied walking to my locker with him beside me. I excelled in school surprisingly even with my current situation at home. I never allowed my problems at home affect my priority which is to get into a good school with a scholarship because I know for sure my parents won't pay a damn penny for it.

"Have you seen the new kid?" Zeke asked me digging through his backpack to retrieve a brown bag that had lunch and breakfast for me. Zeke is the one person I'm internally grateful for. He's like a big brother to me and who knows where I'll be without him. I just decided to keep him at a distance because I don't want him to be a pawn in my step-father's games. Who knows what my step-father would do to him if he found out how many times Zeke wanted to get him arrested.

"Nope just got here." I told him grabbing the bag gratefully. "Thanks!" I said offering him a small smile.

"Don't mention it." Zeke said zippering up his backpack. "I'm gonna head to my locker see you later." He said turning around to walk away.

"Yeah I'll see you around." I answered as I watched his retreating figure. I turned to place my locker combination into the lock as I felt someone's presence beside me. I was surpirsed to see a tall brunette standing there. He wasn't looking at me, he was looking at my locker number and when he saw me looking at him, he raised an eyebrow.

"It's 179." I told him.

"Yeah I got that." he replied moving closer to the locker beside me and taking out a piece of paper. He studied the three numbers before placing it into his lock and opening it up.

"New here?" I asked. He looked at me, his hazel green eyes studying every inch of my face lingering on my bruise.

"Unfortunately." He said putting his books into his locker.

"Welcome to hell." I said with a smirk.

"Glad to be here." he replied with a smirk of his own. I glanced at him up and down out of curiosity. He was wearing a similar outfit to mine just dark gray skinny jeans and a black bomber jacket. He had on a a green baseball cap along with black vans . I quickly slammed my locker and walked away before he took notice of me studying him. He was too busy settling himself in. "Pretty big bruise you got there." he commented as I turned to leave. I stopped in my tracks and glanced over my shoulder at him before moving on without a word. That's enough conversation for today...actually that's enough conversation for a year.

Hey everyone so this is part two! Hope you guys like it! Please comment, vote, like, add to library ! I have big plans for this story and I would love for you guys to join me on this journey! Also sorry for any typos I do these all on my iPod -randompizzas