Hinata Shouyou's 'absolutely private, do not touch, journal'

September 12, 2014

1:16 p.m.

So the first week of school wasn't too bad. I would have to say my hardest class is actually Japanese... Everyone finds it soo funny. It's not my fault! I grew up in an English speaking country in an English school! I haven't had much exposure to this sort of thing... Maybe I'll need to find a tutor or something. I hope my roommate's from Japan. That might help a lot.

I'm really excited though! So in Literature, we're reading Romeo and Juliet, right? So as a small project to introduce us to it, our professor is giving us all weekend to come up with a unique way to express what we think Love means, and like, what it is and all that. I'm going to write a song, maybe I'll get to present it to everyone! I won't be taking any music classes until next semester, maybe even next year, so I need to get as much practice with this sort of thing so I'm not our of it when classes do start.

Anyway! So far this is what I've come up with... I think it's pretty good!

" I'll give you everything I have, I'll teach you everything I know, I promise, I'll do better.

I will always hold you close but I will learn to let you go, I promise, I'll do better.

I will soften every edge, I'll hold the world to it's best, and I'll do better.

With every heartbeat I have left, I will defend your every breath, and I'll do better.

Cause you are loved, you are loved, more than you know. "

Amazing, right?! I already know, you don't have to tell me. I'm so going to ace this first assignment!