Brain VS Brawn

Back to Wesley's perspective. And it will be that way for the rest of the story unless mentioned otherwise.

Huff, huff, huff. I hate stairs! They're the devil's creation! Actually that's a bit much. Stairs can be of good use. Not when the most exercise you're used to, is moving your fingers around on a ps3 controller. Alas, I make up to the rooftop, only just managing to not fall on my face. Sadly I don't regain my breath. Why? Cause I'm gasping at the size of this thing. I'm basically gonna be fighting King Kong. Why couldn't Raven get this one? Maybe it's not too late to swap, right now it's not facing me. ~I didn't take you for a coward Wes~ Ras taunts me. For some reason it worked and I reply ~I think the coward is the one using a weaker race to fight for it~ This shuts him up. I raise my right hand, form a pistol and rest it in my left palm. The helmet comes with a scope which is pretty convenient. Now my rifle is lined up perfectly with the back of its head. Just as I'm pushing the trigger, a sound similar to a dying chicken is heard from behind me. The abruptness and volume of this noise takes me by surprise, and my hands jerk upwards as I shoot. The goblin king turns slowly, it's big red eyes look right into mine as it bares it's teeth. His mom must've had a hard time loving him. Is it a him? I'll just go with a him. I realign my barrel with his head, and fire. Turns out he's fast enough to dodge, but not fast enough to close the distance before I fire again. He keeps coming closer and I keep shooting. Each blast of my laser becoming harder to evade with each step he takes. Though he hasn't noticed. Just as I go for a sure fire head shot, he bends over forces his arms into the roof and lifts up a slab of the roof. He throws his arms upwards sending the chunk of roof flipping towards me. I dodge roll to the left. But as I get on one knee, another slab comes flying at me. I dodge roll again but the cycle doesn't stop. My stamina is quickly running out but his isn't, eventually he's gonna get me. So I'll have to try something new. During the next, and hopefully final dodge roll, halfway through it after steadying myself, I attempt to fire at him. I miss, but blasted the slab to bits. Well that would've been handy to know earlier. As he bends down to pick another one, I shoot his right hand. After a loud whimper, he brings his hand to his mouth and blows on the scorch mark. Seriously? While he's occupied with that, I shoot his other hand. Then his left foot, right foot, belly and shoulders, making him whimper each time. Now his grey body is covered in red marks. He's big and scary, but unfathomably idiotic. Instead of finding cover, it looks like he's swatting away mosquitoes. Actually this is a good training opportunity. I'll try and shoot past his arms. You know, kinda like trying to shoot past obstacles. If I just his arms three times I lose. I only get about five shots in before I lose. Guess I need more practice. But this game is boring. While in thought about how to finish this fight, my eyes wander to one of the holes he made in the roof. The hole is behind and it's pretty big, he'd definitely fit. Maybe...if I'm correct this one isn't in use anymore. Don't know why, but I get an idea. I point my laser towards his head again, which produces the reaction I was wanting. Quickly, he covers his face. While he does this, I shoot his right foot, making him hop on to his left and closer to the hole. I repeat the process, switching feet each time till, he moves back and falls in. A series of crashing noises are ring out,and get quieter as he gets closer to the ground and end with a big thud. Though I hear something bouncing on the floor and there's no way it could be him. Curious, I walk over and look through the hole. A basketball is bouncing around down there. Oh well it looks like he fell into the gym. I shrug, "Too bad. Guess I don't have gym class today."