♡Pool Party

"I'll be back tomorrow at noon for her, have fun love," May's widowed mother told George who nodded and closed the door to reveal both cuddled on the couch talking nonsense. They really were the best of friends, May loved Baby and vice versa.

"Can we get lollies at the inn, George?" Baby asked wide-eyed and a toothy grin. George couldn't resist that, no matter how hard he tried.

"Sure, anything you want," He said gathering the pool necessities. If only he had known that is exactly what was happening, anything she wanted.

Both young girls grabbed their bags and slippers while playing a vivid game of who could push who further. In the end, both fell hearty chuckles leaving their lips. The pool was a place of importance for both, this is where they had the freedom to run around wildly, well other than by the countryside but they only went there on special occasions.

"Alright, let's go girls, the faster we leave the more time you'll have to play," George interrupted the girls' fit of giggles. He grabbed the key off the island and ushered both through the door ensuring one last time both had what they needed.

The sun was warm, not hot but warm. Like clothes fresh out of the dryer, the wind whistled and so did the cars zooming by going to their destinations. The inn was only about a mile or two out, Baby wasn't good with distances. 

Her hand was placed on the window, her skin tingled as the sun had heated up the window. A small ladybug had somehow found its way inside. Baby wasn't scared of much but bugs were not her strong suit, however for the special case of ladybugs it was.

It landed on her lap, its wings fluttering and coming back down to show the red and black pattern. She always wondered why there never were gentlemen bugs, did they die or get banished. It honestly baffled the young girl.

George pulled into the inn, where there was a small souvenir shop that held many antiques and silly paraphernalia. May and Baby began jumping up and down, all jittery and hyped up on anticipation.

"Okay rules, don't swim in the deep end, no roughhousing and always be where I can see," George sternly told both girls. Each fumbled with their bathing suits and hair as the heat was making it all frizzy.

They all got one big room with two beds, Cloud had phoned to tell them she would join them later in the day. Baby and May changed into their swimming wear to which George happily obliged to tie as the strings were quite confusing for them.

After repeating the rules twice, they ran straight to the water completely ignoring George's pleads to be careful. They splashed and played tag while George read a book on some boring, insufferable love story. After realizing the cliche of the whole book George decided to join in on the fun. 

George was not an old man, but merely an older man. His body was intact and very much firm he pulled his peanut-colored shirt over his head and immediately the single ladies and ones in unhappy marriages, eyed I'm down like a piece of cake.

"Come play with us, cutie," an older boy told Baby who blushed at the nickname. May gave him a look of scrutiny before pulling Baby's hand to where the group of older boys was.

They played kids games, macro polo, water polo, Baby didn't understand the difference but she played anyway. Jay the one who talked to her wouldn't stop passing side glances causing May and Baby to whisper to each other before dispersing giggling.

"Is that your dad?" one asked pointing to a very pissed-off George. He stood 6ft 1-inch sweat and water glistening over his firm body. Baby visibly paled at his stand-offish demeanor, May still hadn't noticed his face she was too busy chatting up Brad, he was quite handsome.

Baby rushed out of the water with lightning speed to the edge with no presence of anger but just disappointment. Tears began forming in her eyes as he pulled her out grabbing a towel and bringing her back to their room. She walked slowly and quietly not saying anything.

Her head hung low and she fidgeted with her fingers nervously. Her curly hair covered her almost teary face, George turned on the ventilator and called her to the single chair. It was cushioned and had an armrest, he had changed into pajama pants as it was getting late.

She stood awkwardly in front of him still in her polka dot bathing suit, he pulled her close to him by her waist as he was now almost the same height as her.  He laid his head on her slightly flat chest and they stayed like that for a little before he lifted her and placed her so she was straddling his lap.

All too soon the gentleness of it all had ended, he placed her over his lap so that her bum stuck out and her legs swung from across the chair.

"Count," George said finally after a silent encounter.