chapter 7.

Kaden's POV

It has been ten years since my first shift, since I was supposed to find my mate

It has been ten years since my first shift, since I was supposed to find my mate. I have wanted to find the other half of my soul for all those years, I was getting angry for not finding the one who was made for me but, on the other hand I'm happy it took so long. I was a different guy back then, I would have lost my mate the same day I got her.

But finding her now, was the perfect time. Ive changed into the man I am today, patient and kind. I was getting more impatient and restless with each year that went by and I didn't find my mate. Now that ive found her, I will do everything in my power to keep her safe. I don't know how or who, but someone is already threatening my mates life. I don't know how anyone would know, as I haven't told anyone about Sky except the few members of my pack that were with me on Sky's birthday.

Watching my beautiful mate pack I remember feel fear and uncertainty pulsate through her when I said we're going back to our pack. Yes she's younger than me by ten years but I don't care, I've waited for my mate for so long I don't care about her age. Shes kind and beautiful, I don't care about our age difference but I see it ripping her appart. The first thought that flows throigh me is that our age difference might be a huge problem for her and she'd want to leave me.

That I won't let her do. No one's rejecting no one. If I have to wait another year for her to be ready to be marked I will wait, it will be hard as heck, but for a mate I longed for, for so long... I'm willing to do anything. I'm willing to do anything for her happiness.

I can't help myself but walk over to her and wrap my arms around her, pulling her back close to my chest. At first she tenses but when I lightly skim my lips across the back of her ear she loosens up a bit. I think this is all a bit much for her, all the same time.

"Kaden."

I smile lightly against her sweet delicate skin as she whispers my name.Snaking my arms tighter around her waist I pull her even closer to me and soak in the warmth and smell of her. Kissing behind her ear she shivers letting out a quiet gasp. I love how her body reaches to my touch, the electrical buzz in the air is thicker than I could have ever imagined. Mom and dad always told me that when you're around your mate, the air you breath can sometimes get suffocating. In the best way.

"I need you to hurry little mate, we need to be on the road before nightfall." I mumble as I nibble on her neck, she let's out almost an inaudible moan, but thanks to me being King of the Alphas, my hearing is higtened.

"Then you need to let me go." She puts her hands on my arms and pushes me away. I immediately growl and turn her around so she's facing me. She puts her hands on my chest and looks up at me through those heavenly eye lashes of hers.