Hanging Out With You

Atem got into the local bus as the doors closed. A pure black car followed after it as the two drove off. The bus pulled into its 5th stop as Atem got off. He walked down the street a little ways, heading into the pawn shop ilhe was in only a few days ago.

"And why are we following this kid?" Yugi's driver asked as he pulled up to the curb smoothly. Yugi shrugged, "I don't know. There's just something about him." He said with a small smile on his face. The drive snorted, "OMG...He's so dreamy!" He mocked Yugi who laughed, "Just keep the engine running." He said getting out of the car.

Author watched as Atem sat at the piano playing a south melody, "Atem, What did you do, kid?" He asked as Atem stopped playing, "Sell a body part?" He tried to make a joke, Author rose an eyebrow, "I got a job." Atem said excitedly, Author nodded, "If you keep doing payments like this, and that piano's yours 5 years top." Atem chuckled, "So, what can I play for you today, my man?" Author pondered for a moment, "Play "Perfect Harmony" again." He requested gently, Atem nodded, playing the notes, "For $100...It's Perfect Harmony,going out to my man Author." He played the notes skillfully as he hummed the song, "Not bad for a janitor." A soft voice said, Atem turned around startled, "Thanks, I.. I was just messing around." He said staring at Yugi Muoto, who slid into the seat beside him, "Why are you here anyway?" Yugi asked, "Did you follow me here?" Atem replied just as fast, "I didn't follow, I was just...Looking for some creepy stuff for my room...Uh uh...." Yugi blushed as he tried to make an excuse for why he was in a pawnshop, Atem watched Yugi as he fidgeted, "What are you doing here? You come to some pawn shop to play a ratty old piano, what's that about?" Yugi said trying to get the heat off him, Atem smiled weakly, "It's my mom's." He said, Yugi stiffened, "And more gorgeous, it cannot be." He said to cover up his mistake, Atem nodded, " Thanks. I should say it was my mom's. Once upon a time." He said as recalling an old memory, Yugi paused, "So, your mom's gone?" He asked as Atem nodded, "My stepdad used the piano money to buy karaoke machine." He finished off playing a couple keys. Yugi sighed, "Sorry, Atem." Then smiled, "Why don't you let a professional handle this?" He said playing a few other notes, "My mom died too." He said letting a few notes play, Atem cleared his throat, "I'm sorry, I didn't know." He said, his tone apologetic. Yugi shrugged, "How could you? I don't wear the "My mom died" T-Shirt much these days." Yugi laughed, Atem smirked, "You have one too?" He joked trying his best to lighten the heavy topic. Yugi smiled at him, "It's good to talk to somebody who understand."

Playing a few more notes, Yugi took a deep breath, "When I first saw you, didn't know what to think. But something about you is so interesting. I could see me and you being best friends. The kind of friends that finish each other's sentences. When I cant think of the right words to say. I just sing oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh."

Atem joined in softly, "Come on and harmonize with my melody. And we'll sing oh, oh, oh

Ain't it a perfect harmony? I would've never thought I'd be here with you. To start a friendship that is so brand new. It's so amazing, I have to say. Never met someone that had so much in common with me. Now I can look into your eyes all day. And just say oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh."

Yugi giggled, "I wanna harmonize with your melody. And we'll say oh, oh, oh. Ain't it a perfect harmony? Sometimes in your lifetime,

You look and you search For someone just to care. Look around and it was there. And we didn't need to go nowhere. When I can't think of the right words to say. I just say oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh."

Together they finished the lovely melody, "Come on and harmonize with my melody. And we'll sing oh, oh, oh. Ain't it a perfect harmony?. You got me, I got you. I got you, you got me. Yeah, you got me, I got you.A perfect harmony." Yugi smiled, "That was fun." He said Atem nodded. "What were you playing before?" He asked, the notes were different from the original song, "That was just a little bit of a song I wrote." He said hurriedly as he got up from the piano bench, "Why haven't I heard you sing songs like that?" Atem asked as he slipped off his jacket and put it around Yugi, who blushed, "Right, my gramps would go nuts. They don't exactly fit the Yugi Muoto Brand. But maybe someday I will." He said softly, Atem huffed, " No, you need to do it today! I want to take you some place. Do you trust me?" He asked heading out the door of the pawnshop, pausing waiting for Yugi, who shrugged Atem's jacket all the way on, "Ever since i was a little boy...My gramps always told me...Yugi, trust the janitor." He joked as he followed Atem outside. "I trust you." He said quietly to Atem, who smiled warmly at him, Yugi blushed softly, he swore if he got any redder, he would burst.

"Mister Muoto?" Author said as he met them at the door, Yugi looked at the elder, who handed him a piece of paper, "For my kid. Make it out to Author. For my kid. Named Author." He said as Yugi signed the paper, rolling his eyes trying not to giggled at the old man.

Once outside Yugi's driver opened his door up, Atem stopped him from entering the car, "Princess, subway is one block away." He said, Yugii looked between him at his driver, "Yugi, your grandfather's not gonna like it." His driver said, Yugi shrugged, " He's also not gonna like you're using his Yankee tickets without him knowing." He teased. The driver nodded, "You two enjoy yourselves." He said and closed the door getting into the front drivers seat.

After the man had left, Atem placed a hat over Yugi's hair as well as his sunglasses, "You're gonna need this." He said as they walked down the street. They walked until they got to a very crowded park, "So..." Yugi began to ask, "This is the spot." Atem said sitting on one of the benches, "Here?" Yugi asked worriedly, Atem nodded, "It's perfect.And no one will know it's you." He said as a person tapping on a plastic bucket made a small tune, "That makes me feel a lot better." Yugi said with a sigh, Atem rose an eyebrow, he stood up taking Yugi's hand, " Ladies and gentlemen, i would like to..." Yugi dragged him back, "Atem, no." He said worriedly, "What?" Atems red eyes flashed in confusion, "I can't do it." Yugi said, Atem chuckled, " 70,000 screaming fans, you're good to go. 8 tourists, and you have a problem?" He joked lightly, Yugi swallowed his fear, "Okay, tease me all you like but I'll prove you wrong!" He stomped his foot at the taller man, who nodded, "Let's see what you got."

Yugi cleared his throat, "I don't know where you're going, But do you got room for one more troubled soul. I don't know where I'm going, But I don't think I'm coming home, And I said, I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead

This is the road to ruin and we're starting at the end, Say, yeah, Let's be alone together, We could stay young forever, Scream it from the top of your lungs, lungs, lungs, Say, yeah, Let's be alone together, We can stay young forever

We'll stay young, young, young, young, young

Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh, Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh, Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh, Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh."

Yugi giggled as a large crowd formed around him and Atem, "Cut me off, I lost my track, It's not my fault, I'm a maniac, It's not funny anymore, no it's not, My heart is like a stallion, they love it more, when it's broken, Do you wanna feel beautiful, do you wanna, yeah, I'm outside the door, invite me in, So we can go back and play pretend, I'm on deck, yeah I'm up next, Tonight I'm high as a private jet

'Cause I don't know where you're going,

But do you got room for one more troubled soul

I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home, And I said, I'll check in, tomorrow if I don't wake up dead, This is the road to ruin and we're starting at the end."

A police woman walked into the crowd, "Break it up. Move on, or i'll give you a ticket." She said as the crowd went away, Yugi sat on the bench as Atem rubbed his shoulder, "did you have fun?" Yugi then proceeded to punch Atem in the shoulder, "Ow..." Atem groaned holding his shoulder, "Thanks, Atem." Yugi said as he relaxed, "My pleasure." Atem said.

Yugi sighed, "Let me pay you back somehow." He said as Atem shook his head, "No no.." , "Here. I want you to come to this party my dad's throwing." Yugi thrusted a ticket into Atem hand, "Really?" Atem asked uneasily. Yugi nodded, "It's gonna be amazing." Atem sighed, "Except i'll be working and have to miss out on all the fun." He still stuck it in the back of his pocket.