CHAPTER ONE

Sitting at the back of the car I feel....... nothing.
After feeling so much, hurting so much I have became numb. The things that ones brought me happiness are now worthless. I looked out of the window to see the beautiful city of Gena pass by with no emotions I used to feel before, even the beautiful dress my dear friend designed for the ball didn't excite me.
The car slows down and stops in front off The Grand Palace Hotel. The paparazzi immediately started taking pictures even before I got out. I take my time to put my mask on. I checked myself in the mirror installed in the car because he insisted that I need on. I can see is an empty vess of my old self.
My smooth chocolate skin going well with the black lace mask and red lipstick I have on. And my big brown eyes done a dark eye make-up that makes my eyes look even bigger but goes so well with the look. WOW my friend, she really wasn't messing around in doing this. As usuall but I can't fully appreciate it when I am this dead inside.
I opened the door and exit the car, as expected the camera flashes went crazy but I ignored them and started walking to the entrance. People shout expecting me to smile and wave, talk, sign autographs and take pictures with them like I always do but I just walked straight inside.
As soon as I step inside and the door closes the noise of the people and the city stops and and there is nothing but silence and warmth. They take my coat and I walk further in. The
Place is indeed grand, all so shiny and bright, clean and spotless but even more is the feeling it gives off, I can't explane it but there is something in the air tonight and I feel it. I stop in my tracks just I was about to enter the ball room because it finally hit me.
I feel it.
I feel something. After those days of of cring myself to sleep, all those days of pain and suffering, all those days of NUMBNESS...... I finally felt something. I can't express it, the feeling, but it is there.
My escort clears her throat and I was pulled back from my thought. She gives me a look but I just nod at her and she opens the door and the slight moment of silence I just had and all I could hear is the orchestra playing and a faint chattering of people.