☘ Chapter 5 ️☘️

Jumping from the floor I was in and onto the one below, I saw Bakugo standing there, staring at nothing in particular.

I said nothing and stared at his unmoving figure with my hands in my pockets, observing him from afar. His pupils were shaking and cold sweat began dropping from his face. His expression held an unexplainable expression and stood frozen in his spot, like his thoughts consumed him and his actions.

Realizing he wasn’t gonna move any time soon, I sighed and made my way over to him. Not noticing my presence beside him, I stared at him for a while before putting my hand on his shoulder.

He flinched under my touch and his expression changed to annoyance over a split of a second. He glared at me and growled but I continued to stare with a nonchalant expression, unaffected by his threatening glaze.

“Everyone left. Come on big guy, they're all waiting for us below.”

He growled once more before swatting my hand away from his shoulder.

“Don’t touch me,” he sneered but remained unmoved in his spot.

My hand stung from the slap but I didn't show any signs of pain in my face, something I was able to master over the few years.

We continued to stand in silence. Conscious of my stare, his face was well guarded, not showing the same expression as he had before.

I sighed and slowly made my way to the exit. I looked past my shoulder but neither of his positions had changed.

Silence continued to devour us before I spoke up.

“Even without Midorya's help, we still would have won. So don’t blame your loss on Midorya."

That finally got his attention. He looked at me with a confused face before shifting it to annoyance.

“What do you mean?” he growled.

I smirked before making my way towards the exit.

“You better come down fast if you're that curious."

It seems I perked his interest. He silently followed me towards the hallways. Our footsteps echoed through the hallways and no words were exchanged between us.

He stopped abruptly at the place where he made his surprise attack on us. I turned back to see him glaring at the spot where he missed punching Midoriya.

"What are you waiting for?" I looked at him, with my arms crossed.

"Why can't you just go down by yourself?! Does the 'little princess' need me to escort her?" He scoffed with a mock annoyance tone.

He clenched his hand, as if he was ready to attack me. The grinding of his teeth and the slow 'tsk' escaping through his lips, would scare anyone if they were to see this.

I glared at him in return, making him flinch slightly at my unexpected response. He dared to cross the line...

"I don't need a knight and not-so shiny armor to escort me. And please don't call me a princess. I don't want to be in the same category as those nobles,” I said in a threatening tone.

Those sicken nobles flying their titles and riches around and looking down at the unfortunate, waiting for them to kiss their pampered feet. The thought of them boils my blood.

I let out an irritated sigh, hoping to release the annoyance I felt. It was irrational

He looked taken back for a moment before resuming his usual expression. "Tch, if you're not a noble then what are you?"