Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I stood up still looking at Damien, he was about 20 meters away from us. I wiped my hands against my pants, hoping Damien didn't think anything was going on between Vanah and I. Nothing was anyway, but Damo always gets the wrong ideas when i'm doing something, especially with someone who is important to him.

"Well umm... I've got to go" Savanah said sounding depressed.

She started walking over to Damien with her back slouched seeming sad. When she reached him she seemed to put a happy face on let a lone an act on just for him. He took her in his arms and they started to pash each other, he also had his hands on her but. All of a sudden I felt sad and depressed again.

The bell went off for 3rd period, now I have sport hopefully we're playing rugby because I really could let off some steam wtih all that's going on.

I started to make my way to the change room to get ready, I decided to take a detour because I just wanted a little longer break from things.

i couldnt understand why Vanah looked so sad. i was nothing to her. everything is like this huge puzzle and yet again i'm the one trying to work it out.

When I reached the change rooms everyone was in there getting changed into their sport clothes, what coach wouldve given them.

"Yo man over here" a voice called, I turned to see who said that, whilst hoping that they werent talking to me.

Ofcourse it had to be Damien, I thought he didn't want to be anywhere near me well he seemed to act like that today.

I walked over to him whilst clutching my jaw tightly. He held out his had for our man hug to happen, so I took it going along with the flow.

"here are ya clothes man" Damien said passing me my clothes.

"thanx" I said whilst un-zipping my jeans.

"Sooo... Umm... What was with you and Savanah?"

 Yep, there it is. After thinking for one second that he was cool about everything and still loved me as a best friend he decides to ask the question.

"nothing... What makes you ask?" nothing was going on.... At least I think.

"Well I mean you seemed to hate her when we got to school and you also seemed to hate me as well, what's going on Jarad?"

Okay i see, just ask me all the questions at once. 

I ripped off my bintang showing off my 6 pack that gets bigger everyday, soon it's going to turn into an 8 pack.

I didn't know what to say back to Damien, I mean do I tell him how I feel? na..... He would then become really worried if I chilled with Savanah and probably dislike me a lot especially if i glanced at Vanah for even a slight second.

"for starters I don't hate you two and secondly I just felt excluded" hopefully what I said would clear up his mind and stop asking me questions about Savanah and I.

"Man she's my girl friend what am I suppose to do? Your my bestie and you'll always be my bestie!" Damien said smiling at me.

I smiled accepting what he said to me, I just wish I could find someone like Savanah even though I don't know her that well, she just seems.... Nice.

"OKAY EVERYONE WE'RE GOING TO START OF THE YEAR BY PLAYING.... BASKETBALL!" Mr. Hodgical said yelling at all of us like we were on the other side of a field, but he was enthused about it.

I was excited about playing Rugby not Basketball but I suppose it doesn't matter about me letting of some steam because I don't need to anymore... I feel good well better than before since Damien and I somewhat cleared things up.

***

The bell rang for lunch and all us boys were sweating like pigs. The basket ball court inside the gym room stank of smelly guys that hadn't a shower in days.

Damien and I were all good now nothing could come between us, at least I think. We started walking back to the change rooms that are on the other side of the basketball court, outside.

Damien and I were at the front of the whole class with our arms around each others shoulders. We exited the basketball court to go outside laughing our heads off at a joke one of our mates said to us, we turned right to go along the foot path to go to the change rooms.

On the way we got interrupted by... Savanah. She was now wearing a blue and yellow cheerleading outfit also having her blonde wavy hair tied back into a ponytail. She came up in between Damien and I hooking her arms around each of our arms.

"Sooo what are you sweaty boys up too?" Vanah said cheerfully.

"We just played basketball" Damien said whilst kissing Savanah on her forehead.

"okay well I got to go babes, need to practice my routine or cheerleading!" Vanah said letting go of our arms.

Damien and I entered the change rooms and got changed into what we wore to school.

The bell went for lunch so Damien and I left the change rooms and started to walk back to our lockers. Well I just followed Damien to his locker since I didn't have any lunch.

"Do you my peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Or... Nothing bro?" Damien said whilst looking through his lunch box in his bag.

"Nah man it's k but thanx for asking bro" I leant against the locker next to him having a look around at people.

"Well you can have the Sandwich coz I ain't letting you starve bro"

Damien grabbed his sandwich and shoved it against my chest.

I sighed "Thanx bro".

I felt a hand run up my spine.

"hey guys, what are we doing?" a girl said coming from behind me then I realized it was Savanah.

"just being kind to my best friend" Damien said taking a step forward to give Savanah a kiss on the lips, which I just turned away from.

An announcement came on "Can Jarad Blake and Savanah Roo please go to the principals office, NOW"

Vanah and I turned and stared at each other looking confused...