Chapter 1

(*Tanjiro's POV*) 

  We just finished our mission. Zenitsu was complaining about how hard the mission was, and Inosuke wanted to fight me. I could tell that he was exhausted without removing his boar head.

  "Fight me, Botaro!" Inosuke commanded me. 

  I told him "No, we need to heal up and rest!" 

  "I want to see Nezuko again!!!!" Zenitsu complained. He clung to my leg and started crying.

  I yelled at Zenitsu with "Can you keep it down, please?!?! Nezuko's sleeping right now, and we did all the work except you!"

  He sniffled a bit and apologized to me. I nodded in response. He had a happy expression on his face and hugged me.

  Then, I felt something cold hit my forehead. I looked up, and it was raining. 

  "Why does it have to rain now!?" Zenitsu questioned.

  I heard Inosuke call out to us "Kentaro! Panitsu! There's a cave here!!" and he pointed to a cave a few meters from here (I'm using the metric system [meters] because the USA only uses the customary units [feet]. Hope you understand.). We ran inside the cave as fast as a dog can trot, so we could avoid getting wet.

  Once we entered the cave, I laid my haori down on the floor to act as a bed. I also put my sword and Nezuko's box next to my haori. 

  Inosuke asked me "Tontaro, what are you doing?" 

  "I'm getting ready to sleep. You should get some rest too, Inosuke. We'll be here for the night because it might last until morning. " I simply answered.

  I could see a tick mark grow out of his forehead, and he said "Yeah. Well, I don't need sleep!" 

  "Well, if you say so," I spoke to him. I laid down on my haori and slept. 

~~~~~' In the Morning '~~~~~

  I woke up to a bird loudly squawking. I got up, stretched my arms and legs, and walked outside. It wasn't raining, so that was good. I looked up in the sky, and it was our Kasugai Crow. I put my arm up, and the crow landed on it.

  "Go to the porch and meet the master! Go to the porch and meet the master! He will tell you about your next task!" The Kasugai Crow instructed me (The porch was that place where Tanjiro met all the Hashiras and Nezuko got tested in. I don't know what it is actually called, but let's just call it the porch).

  I questioned myself in my head "What does it mean by 'the porch'?" Then, I thought of where Nezuko was stabbed by Sanemi. 

  "Oh, okay. We'll be there." I told the Kasugai Crow. It squawked and flew away. 

  I heard someone yawn behind me, and I heard Zenitsu interrogate me "Hey, Tanjiro. What was all that squawking?" 

  "Oh, we just received a new mission. Wake up Inosuke and follow me." I commanded him. 

  "O-Okay!" Zenitsu responded while stuttering. He ran back into the cave to wake up Inosuke. I also went back into the cave to get my haori, sword, and Nezuko. 

~~~~~' At the Porch '~~~~~

  We made it to the porch. Inosuke is looking around in awe, while Zenitsu said: "So, this is the porch."

  I saw Tomioka and Shinobu talking to each other, and Kanao was standing next to Shinobu. I went up to them and greeted them with "Hi! How are you?"