Talking

"Kari! Is something wrong?" A voice shouted from behind me, no, not just a voice, it was Max. I slowly turned around, only to find that he had jogged up to me and now stood right in front of me, ready to lend me a hand in comfort. "Nothing is wrong, simply exhausted." I said letting it be heard in my words. I wasn't that kind of person that cried of exhaustion, instead I stopped recognising my surroundings and let my head hang low. "You sure Sara hasn't done something? I know she isn't a good person, she has already tried to bed me, TWICE!" He said, well not exactly said, the first part he whispered, but the second part he shouted. "Well Sara is the thing that drove me to exhaustion, if it wasn't for her I would still have some time left before I reached this point." I admitted, whilst trying to turn and walk towards my room, but failed. My body failed. My knees have in.

"Here, let me help you!" He softly said, whilst reaching one hand out for me to grip. "Is it true what Lance said? That you sometimes has these drops in iron values, is that why you struggle to walk now?" He oozed of curiosity, well maybe not oozed, but my inner psychology suddenly woke and sensed it in his words. "Ja, I do, it isn't fun and sometimes it just suddenly gets so bad that I need help to do everything!" I sighed, and all of a sudden I could feel my body be lifted up from the ground.

"I bet you are glad you train as much as you do carrying me! And my room is 504 by the way." I joked, he didn't seem to take it as a joke when he answered though. "What do you mean? You are not big Kari, you are in fact perfect." His eyes interlocked with mine supported his every word too, making me blush a little as so few people told me that. Correction, so few SOBER people.

He carried me there, let me only down long enough for me to unlock the door. Carrying me inside he gave me a look that asked if he should stay, to which I nodded. I was in need of someone to be with, someone to talk to, but now as Mary was out and Lance was with the problem, Max seemed like a great substitute. As Max lowered me onto the bed I simply whispered "Bitte!" At him. I know he is Dutch and not German, but I automatically switch to German when I am exhausted or bored. It is something about the language, but I don't know what. Maybe I could call it my comfort language. "I will be here for as long as you want, and I will not pressure you, alright?" He said as he sat down besides me after taking off both our shoes. Then we fell into silence. A silence so comforting I have never experienced something like it before.

I don't know how long it went, but I finally felt like I had enough energy to speak. I turned around to look at Max who sat with his back to the wall, head resting back too, as if he was just as low as I was. I moved up to besides him from where I had laid on my back. His hands were both resting in his lap, so I grabbed one of them, and squeezed. "I think we both need to talk about our frustration, or whatever is troubling us, now Max, you don't seem like you can hold it until Saturday.." I whispered, afraid of my eyes meeting his. "And.. if you feel like it I won't be professional, won't note any of this down, won't analyse everything as much as I normally do. Instead, I can just sit here and listen." I continued, still afraid of meeting his eyes. Then, all of a sudden, his arm wrapped around me and he pulled me in so I was forced to rest my head on his shoulder. Not that I had anything against it, it felt great.

"Well.." he started, trying to find words before he continued. "I had this ONS with a girl, a girl so beautiful I've never seen anything like her, but I can't remember much about her, and trying to explain her does not make her justice. Words are way from enough to describe her, and her personality: perfection. She was concerning, genuine and polite, greeted everyone with a smile and yet.. yet I woke up alone.. without her there. It hurt, hurt like hell. And do you wanna know the worst part?" Everything was filled with so much emotion, so much that at the last word his voice broke. But he had asked a question, so I looked into his eyes and nodded. Looked into those eyes that clearly showed how broken he was. Those eyes where it now was being formed tears.

If anyone else saw this they wouldn't believe their eyes, at least those on the grid. They all knew him as the ruthless mad Dutch guy who didn't care. But he was so much more, is so much more, will be so much more. "What is the worst part?" I whispered to him, not until now realising how close our heads were. "The worst part Kari, is that when I first saw you that Monday I thought you were her... but when my eyes met yours you had not one bit of the spark she had, and for a while I have hoped it was just my imagination and that you actually are her... you have the same personality, are just as beautiful.." he paused, looking me deeply into my eyes, letting it sink in. Then he continued, "Yet you've never looked at me as if you can remember being with me.. can remember the secret I told her.." the last part he breathed out, letting his breath caress my face.

I went quiet, maybe a bit too quiet, but I didn't know what to say. Didn't know whether or not I should confess what I thought when I first saw him that Monday, what I actually remembered from that Sunday. And when he started to move away, I knew I had been too quiet too long. So I grabbed his chin, not the same firm grip I usually had, instead it was the softest grip I'd ever ever done. "Max.." I whispered, more breathed, a thing in between.

I reached up, enough up for me to be able to kiss his cheek. And he twitched, twitched at the touch. Maybe it was too sudden for him, maybe he wasn't ready for it, but it felt right. Putting my head back on his shoulder I thought about what he had just said. Thought about if he would have told me this on our meeting, or not. Then I opened my mouth, to tell him I was going to explain everything. Everything that had happened this last month. "I hope you have time.. I have a lot to talk about.." I whispered before pausing a bit and letting myself down on the bed so I was laying. But he grabbed my waist and adjusted me, made me lay between his legs with my head resting on his thigh, and his hand stroking through my hair.