Grunge

Grunge sometimes referred to as Seattle sound is an alternative rock genre and subculture that emerged during the late 1980s  in the state Washington, particularly in Seattle and nearby towns. So most bands that was grunge came from Seattle because that where the subculture originated from. I hear a lot of people call bands like sonic youth, Arctic monkeys grunge which is just not close first sonic youth are from New York and when they came out the grunge scene wasn't really a thing yet like people been describing music as grunge since the 60s but it didn't start being associated with the Seattle sound until late 1980s. Then the Arctic monkeys...really... like I love the Arctic monkeys but they are not grunge at all they first album was in 2006 and they're from the uk so I don't see how they was even brought up.

Some grunge bands are
Nirvana (duh)
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains
Mudhoney
Green river
Foo fighters
Etc.

The most known grunge albums are
Nevermind - Nirvana
Ten- Pearl Jam's
Dirt - Alice In Chains
Badmotorfinger - soundgarden
Core - stone temple pilots
Superfuzz bigmuff - mudhoney

The style of grunge was a style where you lowkey look homeless but in a good way. Like grunge literally means dirty.

The style was rip jeans, flannels, fishnets, cardigans

The style was rip jeans, flannels, fishnets, cardigans. It wasn't stuff that you will pay a lot of money on. So if you don't have as much money that's ok the style don't suppose to look clean go to the thrift store, Ross, etc. which are probably not as cheap anymore because shopping at the thrift store became a trend I don't see how but it did.