THIRTY SIX

36 ⎮And that is why I love you

"Judd, I swear if we go any faster I'm going to jump out of the car." I squeeze my eyes shut, gripping onto whatever my hand was already laying on, which happened to be Judd's thigh. The car still speeds up, swiftly swerving around another car that honked back at our stupidity.

"Do it. I dare you." He looks over at me with a glint of crazy flashing through his sight.

"God, fine just keep your eyes on the road." My grip loosens at the stare, now becoming more worried at the lack of vision Judd had on the road in front of us.

His confident gaze slipped back to the road. The sun was only just beginning to set, tinting the road a deep orange. The light caressed my calming eyes now that no other cars were around us. 

Then I remembered the deeply annoying presence beside me. "It's your fault if we get there late." I huff.

Judd scrunches his face. "How is it my fault? I'm trying to get there on time, don't blame it on me."

I drawled out a laugh, earning a couple of quick check up stares from Judd. "You're the one who wanted a 3 hour make out session." I remind him.

He rolls his eyes, pulling the sun visor in front of his vision to block the ever bright sun of the late day. "And I'd miss Leahs play all over for that to happen again."

Red flushes my face at the thought, somehow he always knew what to say.

"You can't flirt your way out of everything. If we're late I'm not speaking to you ever again." I give him a humorous laugh as I look out the window.

"Oh come on, don't be dramatic." He leans over into my personal space, looking up at me. I push him away playfully while the flame of red on my face grew larger at his touch. 

TIME SKIP

We ran together through the piercingly empty hallway of the school, no sun could be seen through the windows. The time on my phone had said 7:13, we were late. Judd followed close behind me, the hood of my jumper bounced as we swung our way into the hall.

"We are so fucking late." I whisper shouted to Judd as the surrounding entrance walls turned black. Judd walked closer to me and leant forward to my ear.

"Sorry, your tongue was too good to leave earlier." He licked my ear lobe playfully, at the cold wet touch I flinch and wipe off the feeling. I try not to burst out laughing.

"Jesus stop!" I lowly chuckle, stopping to look at him in full. My hands fall into his while he stared down at them.

 "Just, don't tell your parents thats why we were late." I exclaim, my tone weary but cheerful. 

He rolls his eyes, ignoring my advice. I doubted he would want to tell them anyway. Hands still connected, he takes the lead in walking through the doors of the hall now decorated into a make shift theatre. 

"We vote by name in this society, not by acreage." I hear Daniel almost sing from the stage, mentally throwing up at the sound of his voice. The play had obviously already started. 

Judds hand grips onto mine as we enter the view of the stage, Daniel front and centre. Catching a few glares at annoyed parents, we walk from the back down into a middle row while attempting to find Dianne and Elliot. My eyes stumbled across Elliot waving with a toothy smile, calling us over with his hand gesture. Judd and I share an unlucky look, realising they had already seen us holding hands. Dianne joins Elliot with an ever growing grin.