02

"The sun is the heart of our solar system."

"Its gravity holds the solar system together, keeping everything from the biggest planets to the smallest particles of debris in its orbit."

It was a normal afternoon at school.

"Nothing is more important to us on Earth, than the Sun."

Jungwon was listening attentively to their professor.

"Without the sun, there will be no life on Earth."

Their professor sighed.

Jungwon looked by the window beside him.

It's only 2 in the afternoon but it's as dark as midnight outside.

Their professor gave them a seatwork about the topic they've discussed for the day.

Everyone was quiet, having the same feeling of sorrow and disheartenment.

Jungwon decided to go out and excused himself to the restroom.

Ever since the sun stopped shining, a lot of people were depressed.

Some lost hope.

He remembers the time where everyone's happily walking around the streets without worrying about the darkness.

His family always went out to amusement parks and spent the summer together.

"Jungwon-ah!" his mother called him. "Come here! You might get sun-burned out there!"

Eight-year old Jungwon ran to his mother and took a rest under the shade.

"It's so hot, how can you run around like that Jungwonie?" his sister joked. Jungwon smiled and ran back to the field.

"Hey!" his father yelled and followed him. His mother and sister chuckled at their cuteness. "Here I come!"

But even Jungwon, who loves the sun, felt lost.

He almost gave up.