𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚, i'm so tired...

【 trigger warnings | angst, guilt, mentions of panic attacks 】

written | 22nd june 2021
published | 29th june 2021

that was a few weeks ago. the training camp ended and hinata was about to break and crumble if kageyama, tsukishima or yamaguchi had tried to talk to him in private.

yachi had started to notice it as well. she looked at hinata in concern and asked what was wrong but hinata would answer that 'it was nothing' with a very tired smile. yachi knew hinata better, after all, when the incident where she had finally had the guts to tell her mother about what she wanted to do due to hinata she was thankful.

yachi was going to let it slide at first but it then became concerning when she noticed that hinata started wearing foundation under his eyelids. the only reason why she can see the difference is because she used to do it as well.

hiding the fact that she would put herself in a stressful situation, cower in her bedroom and not be able to sleep until she realised it was the next morning. she would hide her eye bags with foundation so that no one would ask her of what's wrong.

it was after practice and yachi waited for hinata to come out from the changing rooms because that's what he would do nowadays, right after the training camp. "hinata…" yachi muttered to herself before seeing hinata going out from the changing rooms and seeing her.

"yachi!" he smiled cheerfully but yachi looked at him with concern "hinata," she started as they walked to the bike area since hinata does ride home by bike. hinata hummed, allowing her to continue what she wanted to say "i won't pry on it, but, if you ever need to talk, i'm here okay?"

yachi was never good at comforting, but seeing her friend like this, pained her. because she knew how to hide those negative feelings as well. even though she expressed her fear quite dramatically people would see it clearly, when it comes to these types of matters, yachi would hide it as well.

"ah…" was all that would come out. it was silent for a few minutes. hinata grabbed his bike and the two started to walk home, well of course hinata escorting her since its nearly night time anyway. "tomorrow's friday, right?" he asked her as yachi nodded "can you come to my house on saturday? i think i need to unpack quite a lot of things…" he muttered. yachi understood his request and smiled at him "of course hinata," she paused as she arrived at her train station "i'll see you on saturday then?" hinata nodded, smiling tiredly back at her before waving a goodbye and now heading towards his home.

it is currently saturday and yachi had ask her mothers permission to go to hinata's house. of course it's in the mountains, so that made yachi's mother drove over to hinata's house.

"i'll come to pick you up around nine since i'm busy today" the mother told her as yachi nodded and got out of the car once they arrived hinata's house.

yachi went to the door and rung it, allowing natsu to peek the door open and smiling brightly when she saw yachi "yachi nee-san!" the small child happily called out to her, opening the door bigger as hinata's mother looked at the door from the kitchen and smiled "yachi, shoyo is in his room" his mother told her.

the blonde girl smiled at natsu, ruffling her hair and nodding at the information "natsu, i'll have to go to your brother's room okay?" natsu pouted as she held yachi close but nodded and led yachi to hinata's room.

"nii-chan! yachi is here"

the door opened with a tired hinata "yachi, come in. natsu-" before he can explain anything, natsu pushed yachi in softly and looked at her brother "you don't seem okay ever since you came back from the training camp. mama has been worried for you, so if you're talking with yachi nee-san to feel better, then i won't interrupt" natsu told him before walking back to her mother "once you're done talking, please play with me yachi nee-san!" she says happily.