mélancholie

Trigger warning: mentions of pedophilia, child pornography, sexual assault, emotional numbness, bad thoughts

10

10.

POINT DE VUE OMNISCIENT

"Baby, I'm home! D'you miss me?" Was shouted through the house, vibrating against the cold walls and reaching the ears of the two teenagers who layed upon the bed, tangled in the sheets on Azure's lumpy matress.

When no responses were given back, the feminine pitched voice started again, "Oi, anyone here?" The voice slurred, and a crash of glass on the ground filtered its sound through the house, pushing itself all the way to Azure's tired state. She let out a deep groan having recognized the voice, utterly exhausted and not in the tad bit ready for the scene the woman would cause if she wasn't ushered out of the place.

Few moments of silence had transpired where Azure thought she could regain her sleep.

Alas, she never got what she wished for;
"Come on, Babe, can't you open the door for your old woman? I'm bored already!" The voice whined in a high pitch, while knocking continuously on the wooden door in front of her.

"What the fuck is going on?" Osiris rasped out, still half asleep having been awakened by the abomination making herself comfortable inside Azure's house. His brows were furrowed upon his half lidded eyes that were glossy with sleep.

"Just– shut up, she'll leave eventually." As much as Azure hoped that to come true, she knew it to be futile to wish upon such high demands.

The woman standing and banging onto her door was akin to a leech, sucking out everything and anything one had when she was in need, always sticking and sticking and sticking till she had enough. Leaving behind open wounds bleeding profusely, with little to no regard as to how they had hurt the person they had sucked the life out of. The woman came around once a month, sometimes twice or thrice, demanding a payday, as if the people living in the house– that meant solely Azure– were responsible for her lack of money. No shame the whole way through, no shame in demanding money from a teenager who could barely keep herself afloat on her own. Just like a leech, she sucked and sucked and sucked till Azure was bled dry.