Chapter 1- Moving In

College is what I've been looking forward to since the 8th grade. And now it's finally here. I'd rather not live in a dorm so I'm renting an apartment near campus. I need a roommate though, it's getting pretty expensive.

So I went to the coffee shop to talk to my friend, Taylor. She's working there now. I would get her to be my roommate but she's living with her boyfriend. Lame Taylor.

So I walked in my bedroom and brushed my hair. I straightened it and put a bandana in as a headband and walked over to my dresser. It's summer vacation so no school for a while.

I threw on a pair of jean shorts and a crop top that says "#selfienation"
And threw on a pair of cheetah print vans and started walking to the coffee shop that was a block from my apartment.

I walked in and it was packed. There was a long line and nowhere to sit. All booths were full except one. There was a guy sitting there. He was on his laptop Doing something. I walked over and asked "is this seat taken? it's really packed in here and-" but he cut me off.

"No, you can sit here. What's your name?" He asked, smiling and shutting the screen. "My name is Jessica Green, but you can call me Jess. What's yours?" I asked.

"Logan Klust. Do you attend collage?" He asked. I laughed. "Yeah, my major is Art, you?" I asked. He laughed. "Forensic Science." He smiled but his phone buzzed. He looked at it and looked at me.

"Hey, my roommate needs me home, can I have your number?" He asked. I smiled. "Hand my your phone." I said and he gave me his phone. It was an iPhone 5c. I have a 5s but whatevs. I put my number in and gave it back to him.

"There you go. I'll see you around?" I said and he nodded. "Sorry but I gotta run, bye Jessica!" He said. "Bye Logan." And with that he was gone.

I sat there alone. Then some guy walked over and sat down. I leaned towards him onto the table. "May I help you?" I asked. He smiled. "I'm sorry but I noticed you were sitting alone, and all the other seats were taken, and such a pretty girl like yourself, who wouldn't wanna talk to you?" He said and I laughed.

"Thank you but I was actually just leaving. But if you give me your number I'll text you later." I said and he smiled and I gave him my phone and he put his number in. "Jordan." He said. "Jessica." I said, getting up and walking out.

I got home and there was a note on my door. It was about the roommate thing. It said that they were interested and to call the number. It seemed kinda recognized.

So I called the number and some guy answered. "Hey there Jess!" They said. "Uh, hi ? You left a note on my door?" I said. And he laughed. "This is Logan! From the coffee shop! I had no idea this was you but I do need a apartment.." He said and I laughed.

"Well come over and we'll talk." I said. "Great. Be there asap." He said and hung up.

I walked in and took my shoes off at the door. I walked over to the table and waited for him to get here. I heard a car pull in and a knock. I hopped up and opened the door to see Logan.

"Hey Logan! Come in." I said and he smiled. "Hey Jess. This is a big place you've got here." He said and shut the door. I motioned for him to sit down at the empty chair at my table.

He did so. "So, you want to be my roommate?" I asked and he laughed. "Trust me Jess more than anything." He said and I smirked.

"And whys that ?" I asked.
"Well because first of all, your stunningly gorgeous. Second, the is a beautiful apartment. Third, I want us to be friends." He said. I smiled.

"thank you , Logan. But yes, the rent is $400 a month, your pretty cool so we can work this out." I said and he smiled. "How many bedrooms is this apartment?" He asked.

"Uhh 4, why do you ask?" "Well maybe I can get some more people in here to help pay the rent if it's okay with you?" He asked. I smiled. "If you can find two people by tonight then yes." I said he smiled. "Alright."

We did everything else we needed to do and went into the living room.

"Do you wanna move some stuff in?" I asked him. "Uh yeah, you can come with, but if not I'll be right back. All I had was a bedset and a little furniture." He said. I nodded.

"I'm hungry and it's getting late so I'll just come with." I said and he laughed and grabbed the keys. "Okay." He said and he walked out to his car. We drove to his old place and got his stuff. He was right, it wasn't a lot.

It was only his bed set, a night stand, a TV, a dresser and all his clothes. He put it all in the trunk of his ford, escape and got in the drivers seat and looked at me. "wanna go to a party?" He asked me. I laughed.

"Partying is my middle name."