Lopt

My lovely readers. It seems that I've become a bit too melodramatic. Michael has morphed to be some lunatic and I am half-heartedly to blame. Well blame isn't the word I'd use but it runs along that.

Melodrama. At the beginning of this whole political endeavor, suggesting a mortal be given god-like gifts in order to win the war was one of my best ideas, but, there's a massive but, taking into consideration the total lunatic my successor would be was not one of my best ideas. Granted, I , myself have as well been given the title of crazy but that was different. I was given the title crazy mainly due to my brazen self saving almost everyone multiple times, one adventure involved me transforming into a horse and-well it was an adventure.
Self discovery, as the mortals call it.

Now. Michael seemed to be already on the verge of becoming a driving force to win this war yet he holds on to his mortality and willingness to stay on earth. The Allfather was extremely fun when he returned fuming and sputtering crap about how 'the mortal has no respect' or 'how is he the savior of his race' or my personal favorite 'blasted humans and their human minds and morality' like that made sense. He was a professional idiot sometimes.

Right. Michael. I've been traveling through the woods for hours, Tyr stood next to me and occasionally glanced up at the stars, cursing under his breath.

"Don't tell me you're enjoying this walk?"
He huffed and kicked a rock in my direction.
"I hate this. Odin and his bloody strategies." And then continued to bad mouth his king.
I nodded along at his use of swear words and clapped at his poetic slandering of the king. He continued cursing and eventually gave up, sat down and looked at the opening in the trees. You could see the small town from here, the lights were on and the silence of the town was eerie.

"Why did you stay at the palace?"
I looked at Tyr and sat down next to him.
"I had nothing to loose. I had done my task and I had plenty of time to waste."

He laughed at my answer and another period of silence followed.

"Maybe I wanted a second chance at something. Everyone never really thought of me as the good guy."

"Why do you think that?", I looked at him and shuffled a little in my place. A grimace was most definitely present on my face. I decided to take a different approach, instead of the random burst of sarcastic remarks, I chose my words wisely this time, Tyr seemed to have potential as a good friend for me.

"Maybe it was my jokes. Maybe it was my heritage, the cold blood which runs through my veins? My father?"

He barked a laugh and shifted his eyes across the forest.

"Nobody could trust you, Lopt. One moment you would laugh and play with us, the next you're causing mass murder in other realms."

"It was one time!"
He laughed at my outburst and clapped a hand on my shoulder.

" I always fought for you. Odin thought you as a nuisance, I thought of you as annoying."

We packed our bags again after that. Got up and make our way through the town to Michael's house. We didn't really talk after that. We simply looked ahead and focused on our duty.

The town was quiet when we entered. I cast an illusion over us. We came to a stop at the sight of a refrigerator being cast out of a window and landing in a lavender bush. We hid behind a tree and searched for our beacon.

"Where's the human? Can't you magic him or something?"

"Magic him?!" I whisper shouted at him. I tried something, sending a pulse of energy through the town. It bounced back to me and I looked at the house opposite the wreckage.

"He's in there", Tyr looked up and dragged me across the street to the house.

We stood at the front door and looked down at ourselves. We adjusted our hair and cleared our throats. Tyr knocked.

The door swung open, a heavily pregnant woman opened the door, her hair pulled back and her face seemed to be annoyed.

"What." We flinched back and looked at each other.
"We're looking for someone. Michael, Michael Arch?"

She huffed and let us in.
"You must be the gods he kept talking about."
I followed in after Tyr and looked around, fiddling with anything I could see.

A soft chatter and laughter could be heard from the living room and the smell of coffee in the air. The woman motioned her hand into the living room.

"Michael. Your friends are here."

The figure on the couch turned around and smiled. His leg kept bouncing but made no motion to get up.

He was barely dressed. He wore nothing but underwear and Tyr looked at the woman almost comically.

"He says he thinks better without pants on."

"The pants restricts the body to think, I swear I've seen you before, have we met? Speaking of met, I swear I've met you before. I've met almost anyone. Odin in my sleep. The demon children. My mother. My father not so much he was a bit of a- "

"I like the way you think. It's been too long Michael. You're a grown man now."

Everyone in the room looked towards me and I hastily pulled my own pants down and walked about the room half naked. Trying to think of a way out of this deep hole I've dug myself into.

"You must be all wondering which gods we are yes? Well, make me some coffee and we'll explain everything."