tanjiro . nsfw

/ fluff and nsfw, 2166 words, Gender Neutral reader

/ warnings; nsfw (aged up)

/ requested by @xXBunnyCookie9iXx

"You've got your priorities straight, that's for sure."

You raise an eyebrow, lovingly gazing down at the heap of burgundy hair on your right shoulder -- a pleased expression settled on your face. You couldn't be happier with the thrum of his heartbeat on your skin, comfortably warm with his arms wrapped around you in an embrace. His legs tangled around yours in a lock, the blanket on top of you both wrapping you together like a roll of sushi. He mumbles in reply, as if to wordlessly say 'yeah, I do'.

It felt so natural to be close to him, even your breathing synchronized; chests rising up and down with ease, easily this was the greatest innovation to couples, especially on a cool winter night, oh, and with some nice candlelight and a soft bed? Absolute Heaven.

It'd been a while before you two could lay down together. It wasn't as if you could do this every night, it was hard to work around a impromptu schedule of slaying demons. But when you managed to find the time, the first words out of Tanjiro's mouth were 'bed, now'. You still remember laughing, hugging him so tightly when he said it, making his voice come out funnily strained, and trying to somehow bring him closer than you already were. Merging, Tanjiro called it. This made the current you crack a smile.

One of your hands locked with his, your other was free to roam over his bare back and body. You rubbed soothing circles on him, closing your eyes as he cuddled closer.

"I'm so in love with you."

He whispers. You smile even more, leaning your head to the side to cozily touch his. The sound of his voice makes you want to cry.

"I know I know... I love you too.."

You really couldn't be happier.

You feel Tanjiro's embrace tighten, and to your delightful surprise his soft lips trace butterfly kisses up your neck and jaw, his last kiss a bit longer and deeper when he focuses on your lips. He raises his head and looks down at you, his eyes sultry and low, lips parted, silky hair close enough to tickle your face. You admire how picturesque his expression is.

"I really really love you. I mean it." He affirms, his voice a little louder than the wind. His maroon eyes look deep and dark and you can make out the little dots of details in them. He's so close right now, you can feel his warm breath against your frost-nipped nose. It feels nice. "And, um, I really haven't been... with you for a while, if you get what I mean..?"

His voice is soft and tired, and he leans down to place his forehead on yours. Your eyes widen in realization, your heartbeat stirring to life. He's already captured you, unnoticed, he was already on his hands and knees, his thigh placed rightfully in between your legs.

"I think I might understand."

You positively understood what he was implying. The fact that he was here now, ready for you in all of his purity made you so indescribably happy. This happiness made that feeling inside of you ignite. Your eyes impulsively lowered.

You let go of his hand, with both hands free you now have the leisure to touch him more. He relaxed into your touch with a sigh, leaning into your hands. His breathing deepened and you felt his skin become hotter, more sensitive. This pleased you, how your touch did this to him. He raises his head from yours and looks at your eyes again.

"But, are you okay with this...?" And even now he's still a gentleman. He tucks his hands under your back, fluffing up the pillows behind your neck. You're able to face him better, the way he was he caged right over you, but still giving you a way to escape; everything he did just made you want him more. "Please, I'll do everything for you. You don't need to do anything, just lay right there for me..."