headcanon . misc

/ I was doing some thinking the other day about niche details about some characters — things that we might not have the opportunity to see in the anime because of plot

/ I thought it might be cool to share some of my ideas haha

/ Warnings: slight nsfw?

Tanjiro Kamado

/ Absolutely listens to classical music and is a closeted nerd about it. First heard it in the westernized parts of the red light district, couldn't stop thinking about it until then. Most definitely approached Shinobu to ask her if she knew anything about where he could find more, she handed him Beethoven's bibliography and some sample sheet music from various composers. Sings what he remembers to Nezuko.
        / "Did you know Beethoven was deaf for ten years? But he loved music so much he still composed, even making some of the most beautiful works in his repertoire without hearing them once! If you love something enough, you'll do anything for it Nezuko!" "Hmm!"

/ Amazing sense of smell but I bet he can't even smell his own body odour. Sometimes he gets so side tracked the only time he remembers to take a shower is when he's approaching Nezuko and she scrunches her nose.
        / "hmmf!!" "U-uh.. oh yeah, okay I'll go wash up. Sorry!"

/ Probably has seen Inosuke naked way too many times. Miraculously, has never been seen with Inosuke while he's naked in public.
        / "I-Inosuke, put your pants back on." "Huh, eh... why. I'm free." "That's the problem."

/ Definitely writes literature, poetry, and stories in his free time. A habit that he picked up during his training in solitude with Urukodaki. Has great calligraphy skills and articulation because of this. I know for sure his crow definitely mistook one of his rolled up poems and accidentally brought it to Mitsuri.
        / "Oh dear, for me?" "*squack*" "Who's this from... a love letter? Oh, Obanai-san.... How dreamy!" "Mitsuri, that wasn't me." "No need to be so shy!!" "......tanjiro, I'm gonna kill you."

/ Highschool AU: this guy got max stats for everything; valedictorian, class president, involved in all his extracurriculars, definitely participates in the 1x400m relay with Zenitsu and Inosuke. Enjoys the basketball unit in P.E. Favourite subjects are math and physics. Sits at the front of his classes. Teachers hate his hair and always yell at him to dye it black, he always claims it's natural. The kid that raises his hand for every question but doesn't realize he's the only one.
        / "Tanjiro, why don't you let someone else answer this question." "Oh, sorry."

/ Doesn't show it, but gets extremely overwhelmed in cities and busy places. Makes sense because he grew up in a humble, quiet, and isolated household!
    / "why... are there so many lights... and smells.... and people... and colours..."

/ His identity is deeply entrenched in his family. Things that remind him of home: Charcoal and fire, lily of the valley flowers, white bunny rabbits, peaches and plums, handmade rice cakes, small streams with clear water flowing through pebbles, valleys and mountains scapes.

Zenitsu Agastuma

/ He was struck by lightning so I imagine has has the coolest lightning scars all over his body. At first, Inosuke was very intimidated by Zenitsu when he saw him shirtless because he saw all the scars and equated it to battle experience.
        / "huhh, Zenitsu, how many demons did you fight to have those scars?" "Inosuke, this is lightning." "HUHHH."

/ Bro hated jazz but then soon came to love it. The western style of music was new to him so when he first heard it on the radio in the train station he thought it was atrocious due to its unorthodox, unique style. Now, tries to compose smooth jazz in his free time. Thinks it will woo nezuko if he sings it to her but it doesn't quite... sound right when he sings it.
    / "Nezuko, why are you running? Let me sing my song to you?! Here, listen to this new part I was thinking of adding-" "Mm-mmM!!"