The old days....

Flashback
"Mommy pleaseee I want to go play with Mark Oppa!" 5 year old Nayeon says.
"Honey, but it's raining outside. You'll catch a cold and Mark probably won't be there." Nayeons mom says.

"But he promised..." Nayeon says as tears started falling from her eyes.

"Ok fine. But don't stay out there for too long" Nayeons mom says as she helps Nayeon put on the sleeves of the jacket.

Nayeons POV
"Yayayayay" I yell as I get my rain boots on. I open up the front door and jump and splash into a puddle because of the excitement.

I was so happy to get to go play with Mark Oppa. Every Friday we would meet at the playground at exactly 5:00 PM. We would play in the sand, talk about our day, and just have fun. Mark was the only friend I really had. Everyone else ignored me and never really paid any attention to me except for Mark. We were like BFFs but he was one year older than me.

Mark always knew how to make me happy and he knew more about me than my parents.

I arrive at the playground but I can't see anyone there.

So I wait and wait and wait.

But no Mark.

I start to cry as it rains harder. I feel alone and betrayed. He promised and he swore that no matter what happens he was going to come today. But no Mark.

I just walk back home with tears eyes.

"Oh Nayeon you're home back already! Did you  get to see Mark?" Mom says.

".....no" I say and walk into my room.

Another week passed and I still go to the playground. I thought Mark didn't come because he had an emergency or maybe because it was raining that time, but he didn't come this week either.

I wanted to go visit his house to see what had happened but I had never been to his house. We only met at the playground or school.

1 year passed and I still go to the playground every Friday but never had he once came, since the day he started to not come.