Chapter 7

May 25th 2021, 15:20

**Aden's POV**

Gosh, why am I so nervous. Can my palm stop sweating already... It's just a get to know each other session. Not an official date. She's probably with Cedric away. They look so... so like... close? To be honest, I am really curious about their relationship status. Hopefully Audrey's not taken.

I bit my lips nervously as I waited for Audrey to come to the Café. Time seems to fly so slowly now. What if she is not coming? That would be so embarrassing. Why did I have to act so tough yesterday? She must have found me weird and is not going to come... ADEN, WHY DID YOU DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. IF AUDREY IS NOT COMING, THAT WOULD BE SO EMBARRASSING.

*the entry bell rang*

I look up to see Audrey glancing around. I waved to get her attention that I was at table 15. She smiled and walked over. Audrey looked so cute and small in her outfit. She was breathtaking. Audrey sat down in front of me. I quickly snapped out of my gaze and said, "Hello Audrey. So, you did come. I thought you would have skipped this meetup." I smirked.

"Erm... I was actually thinking of skipping this, but my mom and Annabeth managed to convince me to come." She said sheepishly and I noticed a slight tinge of red on her cheeks.

"You're so cute when you are shy." Audrey broke eye contact with me.

Oh no, what should I say next? Why am I so socially awkward? URGH. This meetup is going to be so awkward because of me.

"Hey, what would you like to drink and eat? Order whatever you want. It's my treat." I gave a slight smile.

"Oh! It's fine, you don't have to pay for me. I can pay for myself."

"Nope, I'm not giving you a choice. I'm paying."

"Fine......"

I called the waitress and got myself a sandwich and a cup of Cappuccino. Audrey got a cold brew and a bowl of corn soup.

"I haven't gotten the chance to give myself a proper introduction to you. I'm Aden Jones Rice and I am 15 years old, just like you and I'm born in California. How about you?"

"I am Audrey Elizabeth Stone and I'm born in Los Angeles, where we are at now basically ahaha."

We chatted for a bit, talking about our family, friends and about ourselves before our food came. It was kind of awkward at the start, but it slowly got comfortable and we opened up a little more.

"So, I was just wondering, how did you meet Cedric? You two seem close."

Audrey chuckled, "We met since we were babies. We are best of friends. People mistaken us as couples a couple of times ever since he joined the school, which was literally yesterday. There is nothing going on between us except that we are friends. It's kind of awkward when people ship us together. Cedric is pretty outgoing, he doesn't really mind or care about it I guess, so our conversations aren't that awkward. I mean, even if we were together, it is our privacy and our life. I just hope that people will just mind their own business and respect our privacy."

"I agree with your thoughts on shipping. In my old school in California, I get shipped a lot with people that I am just friends with. Like what's wrong with having friends who are the opposite gender. Can't boys be friends with girls, and can't girls be just friends with girls? Doesn't mean that people have friends who are the opposite gender, they are dating. They can be just friends. I seriously don't understand what's with the stereotype."

"I'm glad you agree. Sometimes, if people tease once or twice, it's fine because it is a joke. However, it gets so annoying when people keep teasing... Anyway, how is the school? Are you doing well? I'm here if you need help around the school." Audrey warmly smiled.

"Thanks for asking. I'm doing fine currently. Today is only the second day so I can't tell much yet. I'll seek your help when I need to. Thanks for offering."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Bye Audrey! I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks once again for joining me!"

"Bye Aden!" Audrey's smile melted my heart. I felt jittery.

Audrey seems like a very nice person. I hope to get to know her better soon.