Chapter 9: Family Affairs

Unknown POV:
Aoi holds the urn she was given all those years ago in her hands as she says; "There were times I truly didn't believe you were dead. I thought I was fooling myself, but now that it's clear...you were still alive all along, Junya." She looked up at the doorway to her office as the ninja assassin stood there staring at her, he said solemnly; "I don't know you." Aoi laughed and set the urn aside; "I know those eyes...I never forget looking into someone's soul. I'd recognize those eyes anywhere, Junya." The ninja assassin huffed as he approached; "That's not my name. Before you die, it's Ichiyo Soto." Aoi shook her head before saying; "No. I don't know who or what they did to you. But you are Junya Izumi...my son...who I've never stopped loving." A male voice spoke from the door; "The person you once knew died that night, Ms. Izumi. He was reborn into the perfect weapon of the Soto Clan." A man (image at top) stepped in the room and casually stood with his hands in his pockets as Aoi asked; "Who the hell are you?" The man said; "Doesn't matter as you are about to die by the weapon of the Soto Clan. I'm here to witness the death of Date-san's adopted daughter. Then deliver her head to Date Clan HQ before killing Date-san myself." Aoi gave a smile before saying; "I'm guessing Raidon wasn't the only Soto member who survived the massacre. Joji, right?" The man was in surprise as he asked; "How could you possibly know?"

Aoi waved her phone as she said; "My Captain...is very good at getting me what I want. Especially, documents to make an illegal Chinese seven year old, a legal citizen of Japan." She showed the paperwork after setting her cell phone down which made Ichiyo's eye twitch. She tossed the papers down before she gripped the katana and sheathe to hold it out. Ichiyo looked down at the sword as Aoi said in a serious tone; "This belonged to my Father. He died young in World War II, this is all I have of him. Since I was given this sword I have only used it to kill for my family as he did. If I die, it will be by this sword and by someone I love with all my heart." Ichiyo's eyes were glued to the sword as his eye twitched again before Joji Soto said impatiently; "Hurry up, Ichiyo! Kill this bitch and let's go!" He gripped the sword and turned it on Joji who asked; "The hell are you doing?! You work for me!" Aoi laughed before saying; "Looks like your brain wash has a flaw." Joji turns and runs outside with Ichiyo and Aoi right after him, outside Ichiyo caught up and slashed Joji making him fall. "Idiot!" Joji shouted in pain causing Ichiyo's mind to snap again causing him to turn and slash Aoi in the side causing her to fall as she whines; "Junya..." Ichiyo's eyes dilated before he dropped the sword and held his head with both hands before running off. Joji managed to stand up from his not fatal wound, he said as he looked over his shoulder; "You will be dealt with later, I'll let Raidon come by and finish you off." She watches him limp off in the distance as her vision started to fade, soon a voice was heard close but distant; "Boss! Hold on!"

Hours pass by until Aoi awakens in a cot with medical bandages wrapped around her torso. She looks around to see her crew around her before she asked; "How did I get here?" Yoshitsune said; "I wasn't going to let you face him alone. I came running when Junya cut you." Aoi sits up before being aided by Yoshitsune until she said; "We need to end this before it gets out of hand. Dip into our funds and buy any hired thug on the streets. The less the Soto have in their pocket, the better." Kan asks; "You have a plan?" Aoi spat; "It's war! Only plan is to kill our enemies and make sure they can't overpower us! Get to work, own these streets!" They all storm out except for Yoshitsune who says; "I know what you're thinking, and it's suicide in your condition." Aoi huffed; "There isn't any other way. The whole Clan will be busy fighting the soldiers, I'll deal with Raidon and Joji." Yoshitsune added; "As well as Junya if he still isn't trying to kill you." Aoi said; "I got through to him I'm sure...he just needs one more push." She got off the bed easily and stood steady before taking some pain pills, Aoi then said; "Inform the Chairman. This ends tonight...I want the HQ under lockdown until this is over."

The city streets were a war zone at night as fires lit up the sky and beatdowns occurred on every corner. The Date Clan along with hired thugs fight in the streets as Aoi makes her way inside the Soto building once again. She enters Raidon's office where he waits behind his desk, he says coldly; "I'm surprised...you're a tough woman to kill." Aoi shrugs; "I try. Where is Joji? Don't tell me he skipped town." Raidon said as he stood; "Waiting on the roof for the helicopter. I'll join him as soon as I repaint these walls with your blood." He approached her with murderous intent before she pulled a pistol from the back waist of her pants and shot him square in the chest. Raidon recoiled back from the force of the bullet and sat against his desk as his eyes widen in shock. He pressed his hand on his chest to see blood on his palm before he groaned, Aoi watched him fall to his knees as he spat; "Bitch." With Raidon dead on the floor, Aoi managed to make her way to the elevator that lifted her up to the roof.