Prince des neiges - Epilogue

The finall part!

Summary: The aftermath.

......

There was no struggling whatsoever as two guards brought the former Queen in front of Vincent. Gone were the royal robes and shoes that she constantly wore and flaunted herself in, replaced by a plain grey dress. Her dark hair, that was always curled or tied up in some elaborate hairstyle, was now loose and falling over some parts of her face. It had only been a few days since her removal from power, and how she had fallen.

Prideful as ever though, her face immediately drew into a scowl upon seeing the huntsman approach.

"You incompetent fool. I should have killed you for your deception."

"The same way you tried to kill the Prince?" Vincent replied, taking a large pair of tongs off the dungeon wall. "And then devour his heart? You're a monster."

Now that the Queen was in captivity and stripped of her potions and spellbooks, he no longer feared her, speaking his mind of how he truly felt.

"I am the most beautiful person in this Kingdom! Watch your words!" The woman hissed, straining against those who held her.

Ah, so that was it? She was envious of Prince Gjon because of she was afraid her own looks would be threatened?

As absurd as it was, Vincent shook his head - just before bestowing her punishment, a part of him couldn't resist throwing it in her face.

"Unfortunately not. In case you haven't heard, Prince Gjon will be crowned in a few days' time."

He knew he had struck a nerve with the Queen with that, and she let out a cry of anguish.

"Liar!" The woman shrieked. "I saw him die, I did him in myself!"

Vincent ignored her protests, reaching into a fire with the tongs and drawing out a pair of coal shoes, that were glowing red from heat.

Without cooling them down, he set them in front of the prisoner, the steam from billowing into the air.

"What is this?" The woman cried, staring fearfully down at the shoes.

"Your punishment, for all you've done to the Kingdom and the royal family." Vincent said calmly, stepping back. "You take those shoes, and put them on. You're going to wear them until you can no longer stand!"

The guards pushed the former Queen forwards, making her stumble. For the first time, Vincent saw the fear evident in her eyes.

If there were screams coming from the dungeons, no one heard them.

......

The Kingdom celebrated the revival and eventual coronation of their beloved Prince for days. Prince Damiano, Vincent and the four miners were remunerated as heroes. As promised, all of the Queen's belongings that she had used to practice dark magic were removed from the castle and destroyed, including her mirror.

With the help of the others around him, Gjon became more knowledgeable about his own Kingdom and those beyond, helping him look after his people, as well as forging new relations with others. A few months after his ascension to the throne, he also met with Prince Damiano's older brother and parents, who gave their approval to their relationship.

Jendrik, James, Jeangru and Blas continued living in their cottage in the forest, a place now more welcome to any visitors who came by, including the woodland animals that had befriended and assisted Gjon during his time away from the castle. After all, they had been partially responsible for leading the Prince to their home and then helping them catch the Queen.

However, the four also became frequent visitors to the Kingdom and closest associates of the now King Gjon. They proved to be well liked by the citizens as well, who adored their cheerful rapport and enjoyable music. It became a regular occurrence for the group to perform some traditional folk songs in the local tavern, with Gjon and Damiano - who also had a passion for music - joining in whenever they could.

A new, prosperous era was beginning to blossom.

ONE YEAR LATER (The extra extra epilogue because I'm ending it like a typical fairytale yay)

"Your Highness?"

Gjon had just left a conference with the other council members and smiled to see Prince Damiano approaching him. 

"Damiano, you know you don't need to call me that." He said, causing the other to chuckle and crack a grin.

True to the latter's word, he had remained in the Kingdom since his coronation, with some periodic visits to his family. Initially, Gjon had feared that their relationship would burn out after sometime, but was pleasantly surprised and relieved that nothing of the sort had happened. By learning more about each other, they had only become closer. Yes, the pair had their occasional disagreements, but at the end of the day, they still cared for the other person greatly.

The two walked down the hall in a comfortable silence, before Damiano spoke again.

"For the abrupt nature of your ascension, you're doing a pretty good job. You've already made so many new and beneficial relations with the royals from the other lands, and your subjects have never approved you more."

Gjon dipped his head, flattered by his partner's words.

"Thank you. Although..." He paused, heaving a strangely dramatic sigh. "There is a certain matter that the council have been pushing me to do."

Damiano sighed; even though they meant well, he sometimes thought that the royal council members did put a little too much pressure on the King.

"Again? Gjon, you don't have to listen to them for everything..."

"Ah, actually...just this once, I do."

Confused, Damiano turned. 

And then stopped short with wide eyes.

Gjon had stopped walking, and was now smiling broadly at him with a ring in his outstretched hands. It was a beautiful ring, could be made of actual gold. But in this moment, where or how Gjon had gotten the ring didn't matter.

"Oh my god- you..."

Words were beginning to fail the Prince, and he could only ask the first thing that came to mind.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I have been for about two months. I actually told James, Jendrik, Blas and Jeangru first, and then Vincent, and then the royal council. They all said to go for it." In spite of his grin, there was also a visible amount of nervousness in his gaze. "You're pretty much already a part of this Kingdom, so this seems like the only next step. If you want, that is..."

Damiano did not need any further asking, already pulling Gjon into an embrace.

"I think you already know my answer."

THE END

......

Welll that's it for the first one ^^

As of now, the next one up is based after Sleeping Beauty!

Any ideas as to which ship I should use?