Chances Of Survival - 27

Alexander was signing off the papers, at the reception, in a rush.

He'd just gotten back after buying three bags of O positive and was completing the paperwork the nurse on the reception required him to do.

He soon took off to the fifth floor. Texts from Jace and Isabelle had dropped together, when he'd sat in the cab on his way back, saying that Magnus was shifted into an intensive care unit on the fifth floor.

At this point, he was practically dying himself.

All he wanted was a glance of reassurance at Magnus that he was okay…

He opened the door swiftly as sweat formed on his forehead and he panted a little while entering the fifth floor.

The adrenaline and nervousness pumping in his veins wasn't settled on the calmness of the elevator.

He was about to head off to ask a nurse where the ICU was or probably find his family when a rather shrill voice called,

"Alec!"

He turned around. Half of his brows knitted as they walked up to him and Alexander questioned,

"Max, what are you doing here?"

He looked up at his sister with inquiring eyes,

"I convinced mom into letting me come. But before I could meet you, you ran away. Mom will take me back soon, that's why we were finding you."

Alexander crouched before the tween. "But Max—"

"Oh— all you adults say the same thing. I've come here to give you strength, not for you guys to consider me a burden of a child!"

Alexander looked how determined his brother was, his lips twitched up. After a moment, he said in a rather raspy voice as he kneeled,

"I can definitely use a hug then."

Without saying anything, Max took him in a strong hug.

Alexander slowly wrapped his arms around him.

The adrenaline rush slowing.

Suddenly, the day flashed before his eyes and he closed them. Thinking the film of memories would stop.

Magnus face, when he was in Alexander's arms in the amusement park, flashed before his eyes.

Tears were almost about to come up in his own eyes.

But he pressed his eyes and sighed.

He had to be strong for Magnus.

He wouldn't fall apart when Magnus needed him the most.

He took in a breath and drew all the energy he could from that hug then parted.

He and Max shared a small smile, exchanging gratitude in gazes.

"I've brought something for you," Max turned to Isabelle, who opened her purse and placed the thing in Max's hands.

It was a Black full sleeved shirt.

"My shirt?" He met their gaze again, "How do you have it?"

"Well, I stole it from your closet obviously. I liked it the last time I saw you wearing it but go change in it, you look like hobo."

Max and Izzy smiled a little,

Alexander chuckled, looking at the shirt in his hands which were still covered up in dried blood but he didn't seem to notice it, as he stood up,

"After I see Magnus, I—"

"No! We need to take your shirt for washing too, so go change."

He met Izzy's gaze, who stood there with her smile which conveyed comfort and pity, and folded arms. He sighed, "Okay."