17. TRUTH UNTOLD

Taehyung opened the door to his house with a huge smile on his face. His smile faded quickly when his mom came out of the living room to greet him.
"Hello son. Welcome home!" She said giving him an awkward hug, that he did not reciprocate. "Where have you been?"
"With a friend." Taehyung said heading toward the stairs.
"Will you be home long enough to have dinner with your family?" She asked after him.
He didn't answer her. He walked straight to his room and closed the door behind him. Just being in this house felt like he was trapped.
Everything about this place was so fake, and he was sick of it. There were several assignments he needed to catch up on, since he had been a little busy the last couple of days.
The pressure was on to get everything done, and he was definitely feeling stressed. He tried to remember what Seyon said, to think of a memory that made him feel calm. So when he felt especially stressed, he would close his eyes and think back to his favorite memory recently. He had a hard time picking just one, just being around Jungkook made his heart flutter.
He focused on that morning, waking up holding Jungkook and seeing him smiling down at him. This memory was one of the best and melted away an stress he felt. He waited for a moment almost counting down until Jungkook would message him to make sure he was ok. Like usual the sound of a message was heard. Taehyung smiled at how predictable Jungkook was, and how cute he was when he worried.

Tae arranged himself in his room to start working on homework when his phone goes off. He already knew it was Jungkook checking up on him.

(Messages between Jungkook and Tae)
Taehyung: "I'm fine kook!"
Jungkook: "You are? Ok good. I felt so many emotions i was confused. Your were all anxious, then angry, then something strange...warm and fuzzy..."
Taehyung: "Warm and fuzzy?"
Jungkook: "I don't know how to describe it!"
Taehyung: "I was just thinking of good things to help me calm down, like I was taught!"
Jungkook: "What were you thinking about?"
Taehyung: "This morning....waking up hugging you...lol! Maybe we can watch movies and cuddle again soon so I have more good memories I can think about."
Jungkook: "You are so cheesy...but absolutely yes we should do that!"
Taehyung: "So does that mean we have a date?"
Jungkook: "Yeah! But only if you only go on these kinds of 'dates' with just me."
Taehyung: "I definitely only want to go on dates with you! Even stay at home cuddle dates!"
Jungkook: "Good then it's settled. Boyfriend.... Now go do your school work!"
Taehyung: "Then stop distracting me!"

Taehyung got back to catching up but it was hard to focus now. A little later a knock came at his door. His brother came in a second later.
"Hey!" He said siting on the edge of Taehyung's bed.
"Hey." Taehyung said glancing up at him just for a second.
"I wanted to check on you after what mom told us." He said concerned.
"Why?" Taehyung asked.
"Well, because you guys were really close and you are...you know..." Seokjin said trying to not actually say what Taehyung is.
"A wolf?" Taehyung said annoyed.
"Well, yeah." Seokjin said.
Taehyung looked up at him and he could see his brother seemed uncomfortable and nervous. Why was he acting so weird?

"What's wrong with you? Why are you acting so weird?" Taehyung asked.
Seokjin looked up at his brother with concern written all over his face.
"What? What is it?" Taehyung asked.
Seokjin dropped his gaze to his hands.
"Mom asked me if I have been sensing any changes in you recently." Seokjin said avoiding looking at his brother.

Taehyung stayed silence, but felt his. Stomach in knots.
"What did you tell her?" He asked.
"Nothing of course! I don't want anything to happen to you Tae! I am telling you because I think they are starting to worry and get suspicious. You have changed and they are noticing, you need to be careful!" Seokjin said.
Taehyung looked down and sighed.
"I have done nothing to make them suspect me, and yet they still do. What do you think they will do?" Taehyung asked looking up at his brother.

Seokjin paused for a moment and swallowing.
"I heard there is a way they can test you" He replied.
"What is it?" Taehyung asked.
"They give you a shot of adrenaline. As a wolf, It sends your body into overdrive and causes you to shift!" Seokjin replied.

Taehyung felt his hands getting sweaty and his heart rate starts to rise.
"They would have to inject me with it though right? They wouldn't be able to hide it in my food or water right?" Taehyung asked nervously.
"No it can't be taken by mouth, it has to be done by injection. So it would not be an easy thing to do if you keep your guard up." Seokjin said.
"I can't believe this. Now i am going to be tested, and I don't have any choice but to stay here and watch over my shoulder around my own family!" Taehyung said angrily. "This is crazy!"
Seokjin fell silent. He didn't know what he could say that could help his brother now. He decided it was best to leave Taehyung alone to think about everything. Once Seokjin had left, Taehyung took out his phone and sent a message to Jungkook. Who else could he turn to?
He told Jungkook everything his brother had said. He felt afraid, afraid his own family would now take ay chance to prove what he had been hiding. Jungkook went into protective mode and made sure Taehyung knew he would always have a place to go, and he would be there to get him out as soon as he said the word.

That night Taehyung was feeling too anxious to sleep, so he decided to drink some tea to help calm him. He sat in his room drinking it, and it worked. A little too well, and before he could get one word out he saw darkness. Not long later he felt a surge go through his body and his heart started beating faster than it ever had before. He opened his eyes as the blood rushed through his veins and waking up every cell in his body with the adrenaline. When he looked around he saw his mother and father standing there waiting. Waiting to confirm if their son was a monster that needed to be put down. Taehyung let out a painful groan as the bones in his body cracked and broke to conform into his wolf self.

His eyes changed from dark brown to baby blue as he watched his parent's faces turn from cold to disgust.

Soon all he saw was darkness. He could never see the world through the eyes of his wolf self. It was as if it was a creature of its own and not even part of him. Soon all he saw was darkness. He could never see the world through the eyes of his wolf self. It was as if it was a creature of its own and not even part of him. The last thing he sees as his human self is all that remains when he shifts back. Thankfully though, wolves have good memories and can always find their way home.
To Taehyung his home was Jungkook, and as soon as he had broken free from the ropes that had been tied around him he made his way home. Following his instincts he searched and found the one place he knew he was safe. He stood outside of Jungkook's apartments letting out low growls searching for him. Jungkook heard sounds coming from his window and when he walked over to see what it was, he saw a wolf standing there in the middle of the road. Pale white and baby blue eyes, and he rushed out the door to meet it.

"Taehyung?" He said softly.
He reached out his hand for the wolf to examine.
"Tae, it's ok you are safe here.

Jungkook closed his eyes, took a deep breathe and opened them revealing their deep red color.