𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒕.1

𝒊 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔, 𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅/𝒐𝒓 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆. 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒖𝒑𝒍𝒐𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏.

*☆*☆*☆*☆ ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ *☆*☆*☆*☆

"are you two quite all right?", the woman in front of us asks.

anne looks at her: "i like imagining better than remembering. why are the worst memories the most insistent?"

i shake my head. i truly love anne but sometimes she's just dramatic.

mrs. spencer gives anne a confused look but smiles: "i wouldn't know. try to rest."

i close my eyes, knowing anne won't stop speaking.

and there she goes:" 'if all the world hated you and believed you wicked, but your own conscience approved of you and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends' i love jane eyre, don't you?"

i open my eyes. i'm too excited, to fall asleep again, also my lovely sister won't stop talking.

"i never met her.", mrs. spencer replies.

anne looks at her with big eyes: "i'm glad you've woken. i...we, have so many more questions for you about green gables." she nudges me slightly.

i feel like mrs. spencer is getting annoyed: "i'm sure you do."

"why do you suppose neither of the cuthberts ever married? did either of them have a tragical romance?"

"anne!!", i give her a look.
"what?"
"thats none of our buisness!"
"but i'm bursting with curiosity!"

mrs. spencer gives me a weak smile before shushing anne.

---

we were waiting to be picked up outside of the train station, because anne wanted to have more scope for the imagination.

after a while a man with gray hair arrived. he went inside to talk to the stationmaster.

i know you shouldn't overhear conversations, but they were talking about us.

"uh... i don't understand.", the gray-haired man says.

the stationmaster tells him: "well, i'm sure the girls will be only too happy to tell you every little detail of what happened. at least the redhead. she's got a tongue of her own, that's for certain. good day to you."

i feel a movement next to me, anne gets up and walks towards the man: "i suppose you are matthew cuthbert of green gables?" she shakes his hand and won't stop, "i'm very glad to see you. we were beginning to be afraid that you weren't coming and i was imagining all the things that might have happened to prevent you. we'd made up our minds that if you didn't come for us, we'd go down the tracks to that big wild cherry tree and climb up into it and stay all night. i wouldn't be a bit afraid, and it would be lovely to sleep in a tree all white with bloom in the moonshine, don't you thin-"

i interrupt her: "it's good to meet you mr. cuthbert. my name is y/n and that right next to me is my sister anne. i'm glad you came, because I wouldn't want to sleep in a tree."

anne gives me a disappointed look and goes on with her little speech:" i can also imagine that i'm already a disappointment to you. while you have to think y/n is great. i'm aware that i'm not much to look at, but even though i'm thin, i'm very strong. i want you to know that i'm forever grateful that you're adopting us.
you're a sight for sore eyes, mr. cuthbert."