Chapter Thirty

We finally landed. The screen on the board read, "Welcome to France" it was about another hour before we could check into a motel and get settled. We get off the plane and a driver was already waiting for us with our names plasters across a small cardboard.

"Mr. Michael Jackson & Rainy Artis"  the sign reads. Michael holds my hand as we greeted the driver and Michael gave him a hand shake.

"Mr. Jackson, Ms. Artis. My name is Francisco and I will be your driver." He said.

"Um, Take us to the Peninsula Hotel please. " Michael said.

"Right away sir.. follow me please." He said as he guided us out to a limo and our bags were being placed in the car.

" He said as he guided us out to a limo and our bags were being placed in the car

He opened the door and Michael guides me in. He gives the driver a hundred dollar tip and slides in beside me.

"This is great Michael. You been here before I see.." I said.

"Well.. he says as he straightened his suit, "When you are a billionaire like me, you go places." I squinted at him and he died laughing..

"Oh come on I'm kidding!" He said as I started to poke him in his side. " Stop, stop.. okay I'm sorry." He said. I stopped because I was a little scared because of his chest pains.

"Michael I'm a little scared."I said. He grabbed my hand and asked, " Why babe?" He asked.

I placed my hands on his chest, "Because I don't want you to over do it." I said. He looked at me and smiled.  "I will be fine. It's been two and half weeks. And the aspirin is really good, I feel fine." He said.

"Yeah but even though it's been two and half weeks. I really don't want things to get complicated. We don't need to be going to the hospital here in France." I said leaning my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead and we enjoyed the ride to the hotel.

"Hey look out this way!!" He said as he pointed to the Eiffel tower out last a few other hotels.

"Omg she's a beauty!! This is going to be fun!" I almost screamed.

"Aye.. you are in my ear.. damn baby." Michael said as he rubbed his eardrum.

"Oh.. my bad baby." I said and I kissed his lips. Nothing but smiles from the car ride to the motel.

__________

Security met us as we both get out of the car. We pulled up to the side entrance and Michaels guards were on standby. Once we reached the receptionist, she spoke french and to my surprise, Michael was speaking their language and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"You can understand her. What planet are you from?" I said in a whisper.

"I'm from Earth.. I live in America." He said. After their small talk, the woman said something in french and I watched as Michael had a sparkle in his eye. He looked at me and the smiled really hard as then I focused on the woman and she winked as the conversation finally ended.