Chapter Three ♡︎

They'd recreated your dad's serum. Thousands of times. Tiny vials of it stored in a room, which you were now looking at through a glass window. Great. They'd brought you here to experiment on you. Using your own fathers lifes work against you. Cold. Your brother was stood in the corner, head hung low again. "You know this is wrong," you stated, as your limbs were strapped to the table. "This is pure evil,"

Nothing. No response. The serum was poured into a needle. You hated needles. And you had absolutely no doubt that this was going to hurt. Before you had time to prepare yourself the serum was already injected into you.

It burned.

"Damn this is some painful shit," you remarked, trying to pretend like it didn't feel as though you were dying. Thomas walked out the room. Well you were definitely alone now.

The serum was strong, and it made you feel sick and tired. You were alone, laying on a cold metal table, feeling some serum run through you. It was horrible. And you had no idea how long you were there for. You didn't want to know. Eventually the serum knocked you out. Again. So this was going great.

-----------

You woke up back in that room with the other guy. He wasn't sat in the corner again, he was sitting on the floor. In front of a dusty, old mirror. And he was tracing where his shoulder joined his metal arm. Wait. He had a metal arm?

You climbed off the table. Trying to stand up, your legs shook. Your hands trembled. But you hadn't gotten taller like Steve had. Physically you looked the exact same. But like you were just shaky. And your father hadn't failed. They must have changed it. That was even worse. "What is this?" you questioned quietly to yourself.

"Это делает вас их" said the man quietly.

When you didn't respond, because you had no idea what he had said, the man translated it for you, "It makes you theirs," he said, "You'll never escape, it's a life sentence," okay fun.

"Great," you said, sitting back down on the table, "What's your name?" you asked him, "I'm Y/N,"

The man didn't respond.

"I keep calling you like the man in the corner," you said, chuckling, "It would be nice to be able to call you by your name? If you don't mind?"

No response.

"Alright nevermind," you muttered quietly to yourself.

The man sighed, "I don't know, honestly, they call me the asset. But no one ever says my name. They just use me. Treat me like their property rather than a person, that's all I know," that was not what you were expecting. How could he not know his name? You couldn't forget your name. Otherwise it would be like forgetting yourself.

"Remember that my name is Y/N," you asked him, "I don't want to forget,"

"You will,"

Okay great.

The man then returned to the corner that he was in before. Drawing his knees to his chest and burying his head in his hands.

So far you had learnt that these people experimented on people unwillingly, took your name from you, used whoever this guy was, and didn't treat you like a human being. How the fuck had your brother gotten in with an organization like this? They'd broken a man. It made you feel sick. You looked back over to him, he forced his heel into the ground as he kept his back against the wall. And he was slightly shaking. "Are you alright?" you asked quietly, even though he clearly wasn't.

No response.

He lifted his head, maintaining an intimidating glare on you. You looked away quickly, but could still feel his eyes on you. So you stood up and moved, "Sorry," his voice was soft, broken, even, "I'm sorry," okay your heart was breaking for this guy.

"How long have they had you here?" you asked him, looking around the room. It could easily be a hundred years old.

"I don't know," his voice was rough again, like he was putting on a hard exterior. But for who? You didn't care. You felt terrible and wanted to help him. "Forever, probably, these same fucking walls is all I know," you looked around, must be a boring place to live your whole life. You could tell he was going crazy. Being thrown into this against his will. Well, so had you. But your heart told you that he'd had it so much worse.

Before you could ask any more questions, the door opened again. God, could you not just be left alone. "Lets go, now," said the guard, pointing to you. Um excuse me? What the fuck? Coming in here telling you what you can and can't do. "Now," he said loudly. You looked at the man, he was looking at the floor. He looked up at you, his eyes gleaming, and nodded. You walked out the room.

Terrified.

That was the only word to describe how you felt at the current moment. They led you to another room down the small corridor. How big was this place? There was a machine stood in the center of the room. You didn't want to know what it was going to do. "Sit," okay you're not a fucking dog.

"No, no," you whispered, "Please, I'll do anything, dont hurt me," you couldn't stop thinking about the man. They'd hurt him. He was so tired. "Please don't hurt me, I swear I won't say anything, just let me go, please," they said nothing, but the guard pushed you further and further towards the chair. You tried to stop him but he was stronger than you. Then you just collapsed into the chair as your legs were pushed from under you. Well shit.

The machine whirred. Loudly. You were shaking in fear. Before you even had time to think about what was happening, it was lowered onto your face. Sending electric shocks into your brain as you screamed. It hurt.

"I trust that you can be better than me," your father said, as you sat silently across from him at the kitchen table, "I know that you can be better,"

"So maybe he was wrong about you," Thomas looked at the floor, as you let a tear slide down your cheek, "And if he was wrong about you, then he was wrong about me,"

And then. Nothing.

You opened your eyes. You were in a room, surrounded by soldiers. Five heavily armed men stood holding guns pointed at you. "Зимний ангел?" asked the man standing next to you, holding a deep purple notebook with a red star on, it made you shiver. You looked straight ahead. Why was he calling you 'Winters Angel?', was that your name? "ангел?"

That must be your name.

authors note ♡︎: sorry for not updating, i had exams. Anyway i hope you liked chapter three<3