Chapter Fourteen ♡

Bucky threw his keys down on the table in his apartment. He'd been living in Budapest for two years now, since the fall of Hydra. Since his mind had been washed all that time ago he'd felt dissociated. He often woke up in a cold sweat, images of you replaying in his mind. But he had no idea who the hell you were.

Everyday when he switched on the news he was half expecting to see Hydra's return. A female assassin like himself doing their dirty work. And each day there was nothing. Nothing about hydra. Nothing about a girl like you.

He opened the fridge to find a bottle of water. "Well isn't that great," he muttered, looking for the spare money he had stolen yesterday.

It was when he returned to his apartment that his day seemed to get worse. He placed the bottle of water on the shelf next to the door, and walked quietly towards the figure flipping through his book.

When he turned around, Bucky's voice hitched in his throat. It was Captain America, Steve Rogers.

"Do you know who I am?"

Bucky kept his eyes trained on him, "You're Steve, I read about you in a museum," his mind couldn't help but wander to the girl that made him wake up in a sweat. Did Steve know her? "Look I wasn't in Vienna, I don't do that anymore

Before he could ask Steve about th girl, a bomb came through the window. And Bucky instead had to fight again, like he always did. Two years had passed but it was always the same. He would never escape.

The next time Bucky saw Steve, really saw Steve he was in a fighter jet. On the way to a place where he could only imagine another fight was going to take place.

"Do you know a girl?" Bucky whispered quietly, as the jet sailed quietly through the empty sky, "A girl Hydra Controlled?"

Steve exchanged a glance with his best friend, or old best friend, he wasn't sure where they stood right now. "No, you're the only assassin of Hydra I know about. Why? Is there a girl out there?"

"I don't know," Bucky said with a sigh, the hope he had almost built up coming crashing down, "I um, think maybe there was a girl there at some point with me, I don't know, I can't really remember. Everything is fuzzy,"

"I'm sorry, I don't know," Steve finally said after a moment, "Do you recognise this place?"

A domed building covered in snow was ahead of them. Bucky shook his head, as Steve landed the jet. He didn't know you were here.

The elevator shaft took the two of them to a circular space. And Bucky gasped when he saw you, in a container thing, ice on your face.

"Is that her?" Zemo asked, emerging from the darkness, "I have to say, I thought she was a myth, but seeing her here. I hope she's not dead,"

Bucky clenched his fist by his sides, "What the hell do you know, Zemo?" Tony said, "Who is this?"

"The Winter's Angel," Zemo said with a sly smile, "Ruthless assassin until 1990, when she completely disappeared from the face of the earth, turns out she didn't die like they told you James. They kept her here, peacefully asleep while they tortured you,"

"Shut up," Bucky said, trying to open the chamber you were trapped in, "Why did you bring us here then huh? What to torture me, bring back painful memories? What?"

Zemo laughed, "Oh no," he pointed to a small computer screen, which the three of them all walked towards.

This allowed him to open the chamber you were locked in. He did it quietly, and all the cold smoke seeped out. Leaving your frail body, blue and covered in ice in front of him.

As Zemo did so, he walked away quickly as Tony turned to Steve. "Did you know?"

The first thing you felt was cold. Freezing cold. You couldn't see or anything, you just felt cold. And then you heard fighting, banging and crashing. And then you opened your eyes, and saw Buck. Staring at you.

"What the fuck?" you stuttered, "What? What?"

Bucks eyes widened, before he was hit by a blast of something and was thrown against the wall. Your hand flew to your mouth as you scrambled to get out of the thing you were trapped in.

A red suit was hovering over Buck, and as you fell out of the leather straps you crashed into the floor. Causing the metal person to turn around, holding its hand out.

"Okay who the hell are you?" you pointed a finger, pulling yourself up on the door, "Why is there a floating metal thingy? What the hell is going on?"

Another man grabbed your shoulder, causing you to jump. Captain America. The man you almost kidnapped. "Buck?" you began to speak softly, "What is going on?"

"It's been almost twenty years," Captain America said, as you steadied yourself, "I'm Steve Rogers, this is Tony Stark, Iron Man, you've been asleep twenty years,"

"I- what?"

"Did you do it too?" The iron man said, "did you kill my mom?"

You raised your eyebrows, "I'm sorry," you said sarcastically, "Did I- the person who has been trapped down here twenty years- kill your - a person I have never met before - mother?"

"You think you're funny?"

"I think I missed twenty fucking years of my life," you said, "So I'm gonna go while you finish this fight,"

As you walked away, you turned around and caught the knife Buck threw at you. "Real nice," you said, dropping it on the floor, "You're already trying to kill me?"

"No I want you to help me you idiot," Buck said, as Tony hit him across the face, "Like hello I'm losing here,"

You laughed, "Funny, I have to do something for you again," you shook your head, "You don't remember me, but I remember you, okay? I screamed as I was held back because they wiped your memory, but you seem to be just fine now, huh, with your little friends. You didn't even try to find me,"

"I didn't know you,"

"Well I don't know you either," you said, picking up the knife on the floor and throwing it at the floating iron man. It dented the metal, but then fell to the ground. "That was stupid,"

What was more stupid was the fact that when you left the building, you were outside in the snow with nowhere to go because everywhere you looked was snow. "Great." you muttered, "Should've known,"

"Do you need a ride?" A man in another suit asked you, "Random woman who did not go in there before,"

"Where are you going?" you asked him.

"Wakanda,"

Authors Note: sorry for how long this took ❤️