Chapter 3.

"Beth, would you like to join me for a lovely dinner at my home at seven o'clock this evening?"

"Of course, Grayson. What a surprise your call was. I really wasn't expecting you. I'll be sure to wear something of your particular liking. See you soon."

I wasn't planning on calling Beth that night, but an emotion overwhelmed me. We went out numerous times previously to this date. The only thing on my mind was her though. That week was the first time I realized I had gone without a drink for a whole day. What was she doing to me.

Hours later Beth arrived in a black dress that flared on the bottom, wearing dark red stilettos, and her signature lipstick.

"You look glorious," I said, barely able to muster the words from my mouth.

"You're too kind, but I must say, you do look rather dashing yourself, Grayson."

The flirtatious smirk she gave me was enough to make me rip her clothes off, then and there.

"What have you planned for dinner?" she asked.

"A veal cacciatore dish, I thought you might like and I picked up some Cabernet Sauvignon from the first time we met," in my mind I was just thinking, you better fucking love this because I don't know how to cook anything else.

"I suppose there's a first time for everything, sweetheart, but thank you for the wine," Beth said sarcastically, but I didn't know how to perceive it.

"You're such a heartfelt person, Beth. You know?" I said being sarcastic as well.

All I did was smile at her, because she made me the happiest I've been in a long time.

As we were eating dinner, our secrets and stories started to come out more casually. Beth brought something up that really worried me.

"Well, the reason why I came to Rosewood was because of my, now ex, husband. He was on many drugs one night, of which I didn't know he took.
A girl was hit by his car, and on a street video tape the police found him. She died on impact," Beth was near crying at this point, and she had to catch her breath, " he went to jail, and we decided a divorce was an option we should choose because his time was still to be determined. About a nine months after the divorce he wouldn't stop writing letters on how he still loved me and a divorce wasn't what he wanted anymore. But I couldn't live with or care for someone like him. So I left. For good."

Beth was silent and tears streamed from her eyes like waterfalls. It broke my heart, but it also worried me that her ex-husband would still want her after he got out of jail. I stood up and gave Beth the tightest embrace possible without hurting her.

"Beth, it's okay. He's not coming out of jail for a long time. From what I hear about that bastard, I will do everything in my power to keep you safe."

"Grayson?"

"Yes, Beth."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"No, I mean I really love you. With all of my heart. I didn't think I'd ever find someone like you. But I'm really grateful that I did. You're the one that made me feel happy again."

"Well then, I guess you could say I have loved you for even longer."

We locked eyes for what it felt like forever. Gazing into each others souls deeply.

"Kiss me, like you've never loved before."

Our eyelids fluttered shut as we pressed our lips together. I probably haven't kissed someone like I did with Beth that night since college. At that moment it felt like we were the only two people left in the universe. She was mine and I was hers.

I aggressively ripped the dress off of her perfectly chiseled body to reveal her skin of porcelain. I could feel her hands slowly make her way to my waist, where she untucked my shirt and unbuttoned my pants. On Beth's body was nothing but a set of lace lingerie.

I led her to the master bedroom, where I gently laid her down on the king sized bed and trailed my lips down her entire spine. You could see the goosebumps on her back rise with every little kiss. I then turned her over and made my way up her abdomen back to her neck.

In seconds I tore the rest of my clothes off, not being able to wait a moment longer. We passionately made love for hours.

During that time I finally understood why we were in each others lives. We were our saving grace.We were meant to repair the broken memories that others have snatched away from us in the past.

The next morning I woke up before Beth. All I did was watch her face as she slept, so innocent and peaceful. I assume she gets the feeling someone's looking at her because she gradually opened her eyes and met mine.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty."

"Good morning, mi amor," said Beth in a tired raspy voice.

We gave each other a light peck on the lips. Then we got up so I could make breakfast and she could get dressed.

Although I've never been married before, I have a feeling this would be the most perfect way to go to sleep and wake up every day.