Chapter 4.

The next day we drove over to Beth's apartment. It was more on the wealthier side, since it had a large kitchen, living room and bathroom. I thought it suited her personality by the way it was decorated.

A few hours passed as we watched "Red Dawn" on her Netflix account. It was my idea to watch that movie, but I never thought whether Beth would like it or not. We were spooning on the couch lazily in nothing but a t-shirt and underwear when I noticed that her breathing pattern was slow and relaxed.

"Damn it. She fell asleep. I didn't mean to pick a movie that bored her," I said in my mind.

I decided to let her rest, because I wasn't going to be an asshole that woke someone up just to watch something they didn't want to see. Besides she looked so cute. So the movie ended about an hour later.

It was 3:29 when I shut off the television and dosed off.

"Hey, babe, wake up. It's quarter to five," said Beth calmly as if waking up a baby.

"Oh shit, it's that late already. We didn't even eat lunch. Are you hungry?" I questioned.

"Yeah, can we get some Chinese food? I've been in the mood for it since Wednesday."

"Of course, I know a place that delivers."

"Okay, tell me the name and I'll look up the phone number."

"No need I have them on speed dial," I said quietly in shame, because having a Chinese restaurant on speed dial is humiliating.

"Ha, alright. Well order me a sweet and sour chicken with pork lo mein please," Beth expressed cutely.

"Sure thing, doll face. What drink?"

"Well I already have some red wine. Want that?"

"Of course you have wine, Beth."

"I figured we could dine somewhat proper, like the sophisticated fucks we are dear. Don't question me and my wine anyways," she snapped.

Beth gave me a sexy smirk, that made me want to have a repeat of last night. God, she was perfect. And she wanted me which was even better, because I wouldn't want to let her go.

I picked her up from the couch and leaned her body against the wall where I kissed the attitude right out of her.

"That should shut you up for a bit, hopefully," I said with ease, as I winked at her and walked into the kitchen.

Beth just looked at me with an expression on her face that told me, "fine you jerk, but we're doing that again later."

"I love you, now order the damn food."

"Fine. Jesus. Toss me my phone."

Beth literally chucked my phone to me. Good thing I caught it, or it probably would've shattered. I dialed the number and ordered the food.

About twenty minutes passed and we heard a knock at her door. Finally. I could hear our stomachs growl viciously at us now. The more I thought about it, the greater I could feel my mouth salivate.

"Here's a plate and a glass for you, and for me."

"Thanks Beth. Hey can we turn on the news? The weather is getting pretty nasty."

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing."

We carefully sat back down on the couch trying not to spill the wine on her white carpet.

"You know, for someone that likes red wine as much as you. I'm shocked I don't see any spills, or a different color carpet, Beth."

"Don't be to surprised. It's not like I get hammered while drinking this shit. I drink responsibly," she paused, "with white wine so it won't stain."

So what. We might've both had drinking problems in the past. What can I say.

Beth grabbed the remote and turned on the news. The weather just started and we saw the forecast wasn't good. There were possibilities for flash floods. I'm sure things would be fine though. Current events turned on afterwards.

We were eating casually when I heard Beth whisper, "oh fuck."

"What?" I asked.

She didn't say anything in return. Her eyes were locked on the screen before us. I turned to look at the television when I saw a mans mugshot. My heart felt like an anchor as it sunk to the bottom of my chest.

"Don't tell me, is that-"

Beth cut me off mid-sentence.

"We need to go. He probably knows where I live."

"But how? I thought you moved away cutting off all relations."

"I'll explain later, Grayson. You have no idea what he's capable of. Grab your keys and umbrella. We are leaving right now. Go start your car, I'll be out in one minute," Beth said flustered.

I followed her orders, and said not another word. This is the first time she's ever acted so worried about something. I could tell we were in deep shit.

"What are you waiting for? Start the fucking car!" Screamed Beth, from her bedroom.

I raced outside the apartment building and ignited the engine. Seconds later I saw Beth dash into the parking lot.

"Where do you want me to go?"

"Your house is safest right now. Hurry up!"

I stepped on the gas and took off.