Part 6 : Plan Starts

The ranks of the troops filled every empty space of the wide expanse of field that had been the site of warfare since hundreds of years ago. There were so many pairs of blinds who seemed to never stop looking at them cruelly, as if they wanted to devour each individual of the opponent's army line.

Keith and Roselie were already holding their breath. The small talk that had been raised during the trip was really just a one-time tricker which then just passed away, in a matter of seconds it was again attacked by god-level panic. Inevitably, just as the two Kings of both sides had called out the command "start" and the two armies advanced simultaneously.

"YAAAA!!!"

Keith closed her eyes tightly even though she and her mother-in-law had been placed in a shady confinement and far away in the corner of the war zone. Can't do anything, just hope a lot. Steve, you must survive! You have to go home and we will have children! Keep your promise, Steve! Her rap to herself, as if trying to send a whole telepathic message.

Ah, this tense moment made Keith open up old memories again. This time about her first meeting with Steve. It is on the campus where she was running a lecture, Keith first met Steve when she happened to be trapped in the university's public library and the two became acquainted and became close as well. Keith is an orphan since the age of 12. Living alone in a rented house since leaving the orphanage after graduating from high school makes Keith feel very lonely. Steve's presence was like a lamp to her life and Keith seemed to have regained a glimmer of hope.

The fact that made her incredibly shocked about Steve's background at that time, the big choice that Keith took to be bitten and become an immortal vampire if she wanted to stay with Steve. Steve is a trustworthy young man, he always keeps his word and promises. Keith had fallen for him, and was not turning back.

The sound of the swords clashing together into a deafening noise, most of which also let out a scream, making every second of the battle dramatic. Keith gasped as she snapped out of her reverie. The greenish liquid of the vampire's blood scattered in various directions and several people collapsed making Keith spontaneously squeal, "STEVE!!!"

Roselie gasped at it, squeezing Keith's hand into a calm channel. "Steve is fine," she said, pointing in one direction in the middle, Steve between the gaps in the other vampire's body struggling as best he could.

Not satisfied, Keith immediately looked away looking for another figure. The dwindling layer of troops made every minute of one to two hours a short one, more and more vampires collapsed over time. Where's that guy? Where's Daniel Chloire ?! Keith's mind struggled.

Tep!

An arrow targeting the wall between Keith and Roselie sent the whole place into panic. The bodyguard who was at a loss to secure Roselie and Keith became even more difficult when the ladies panicked and kept screaming endlessly. At the same time, a man had launched an action to overthrow the bodyguard she faced upon arrival. Taking Keith in the twinkling of an eye and leading her away.

Suddenly it was Roselie's turn to scream when she realized. "Where's Keith?!"

• TO BE CONTINUED •