❅ Fɪʀsᴛ Dᴀᴛᴇ

After texting her, I quickly dressed up and moved towards the lobby

After texting her, I quickly dressed up and moved towards the lobby. I had a black cap in my hand as we didn’t want to attract a crowd. I would be busy in the upcoming week with practice and the series, though she would be around I was not sure whether I would be able to dedicate some time for us, therefore I planned to ask her for a small coffee outing AKA date in romantic language.

I waited for approximately twenty minutes before she arrived looking simple and cute, nothing like the girls who would generally dress up for their first date. Not that I don’t like girls who dress up, but keeping it natural always fascinated me. Showing your true self was something that makes two people connect. That’s my opinion.

She arrived and muttered a small hi. Wasn’t she behaving all savage on chats and now this shyness, man this girl is something else. “Where did the bld girl go?” I quickly pointed out. “The bold girl is still there, it's just that I am a little nervous and you can stay awkward. Long time since I have been on stage.” Honesty. Second trait of hers that I liked, I mean she was being completely open. Her straight forward answers show her confident aura. Of course she would have been on dates, she would have had her shares of relationships and so have I.

“Haha! Nushkie, we would always be friends before anything else. Just free up now and let’s go.” I tried to comfort her. “Where are we going?” she asked.

“I know a small cafe around the corner.” I replied as we moved out of the hotels. “You don’t mind walking right,” I asked her as I adjusted my cap. “Virat, I prefer long rides and short walks over anything.” she replied giving me insights of her likes. I nodded my head and we walked towards the cafe. We made short talks about our families and our beliefs. We just connected over our similar beliefs.

Once we reached the small but cozy shop, we entered and gave our orders. “So, how’s the preparation going on?” she asked. “Um, they are going on, the boys are warming up. We still have a couple of days before we go on the field.” She gave a small ‘Hmm’ and fell back in silence.

The silence was not awkward but actually soothing, something that I would not like to break but I needed to converse to see where this relationship starts. “So, how was your childhood?” I wanted to know about her early days. “No different from any middle class family, dad was in the military so I and Varun were brought up in that background. Strict but loving. Like any family, when we girls, that is mom and me, went shopping Dad would text us, keep it easy” we both laugh and to be honest my family was no different. She continued, “My family is quite simple, Virat, away from all this paparazzi culture and that’s how even I like it. Please never pretend, I would like to keep any relationship, whether friendship or more, to be as clear as crystal.” She made it clear instantly.

“I agree with you, I see where this is coming from and I am totally of similar thoughts. My childhood was no different than yours, middle class family but we were always content and happy. So you see there’s no difference, be it living away from the paparazzi or keeping a budget every month. My profession brings fame but at the same time, I like to keep my personal life low.” I instantly replied.We both just looked at each other and smiled warmly. It felt different and something out of the world. Soon our orders arrived and we started talking about our random stuff.

“You need to click my pics, it's been ages since I posted something!” Anushka said, okay no, ordered me. I mentally laughed at the child-woman sitting in front of me.

“Give me your phone,” I forwarded my hand to take the mobile phone. And I clicked thousands of pictures but after every click, when she saw it, she would be saying 'Ugh, no, there is too much light'... 'Nahh,the background is not at all aesthetic' …. 'Arey Vee yaar, click good pictures yaar!'

“What did you call me?” I asked, hearing the cute,sweet name she just called me with.

She said nothing but turned her face, with a huge smile and her hand playing with her diamond studs. And click! The most natural and perfect click!

“I like the name, Nushkie and you can call me that just like I call you” I said and showed her the picture which she posted immediately but with the wrong caption. I mean it wasn't a fake candid. This girl is unique, different and what not.

We moved out of the cafe and walked towards our hotel, we were thankful that no one recognised us.“What’s your favourite travel destination?” she asked suddenly

“I am a mountain person, so anyplace with mountains surrounding, where no one would recognise me, where there’s silence from this fast moving life.” I answered. “What about you?”

“I too am a mountain person, so my answer is similar to yours. But my favourite would be Northern Lights, which I would like to visit with my other half.” she answered.

“Hmm, I can imagine myself at the northern lights,” I flirted  hopelessly with a cheeky smile on my face. She raised her eyebrows and gave me a lopsided grin, “Oh is it? Kindly come out from your imaginatory world and drink your coffee, cause it isn’t happening any time soon.”

Virat was shocked by her answer, “So you mean it may happen in future?”

“Maybe” That’s all she said as she entwined our hands and I knew my life was going to change sometime soon. When and how was something that I didn’t know but it was to happen eventually. 

_____________________________________________

⫷ 𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣'𝕤 ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖 ⫸

Hey guys,

Okay, this is for all readers who like details about certain things. I would have added it in previous chapter but some readers prefer more of Instagram posts and story while some prefer details.

I hope you all like this idea of posting details like this, those who want to skip it they can as this won't disturb the flow of the track, these are just insights of their relationships.

What do you think about this chapter ? Do tell me.

Stay safe
Love, Aarohi ✨

Stay safeLove, Aarohi ✨