Masquerade

*Aleena's POV*

 "Bruce I don't want to take Billie to the Masquerade." I said to my designer with a sigh. "Why?" He asked already knowing the answer. "Because! You know that he has everyone do unthinkable things at these events." I said as he nodded in agreement this was normal topic of conversation.

 "Last year, Bullet brought Shelby his wife and my father made him slit her throat. He's never been the same. Not that I'm complaining but he's been so ruthless since that day." I said the memory bringing chills to my spine.

"Why do you care so much about the girl anyway?" He asked. "I don't know Bruce if I'm being honest I really don't know. All I know is I don't want her to get hurt." I admitted as he started tightening my corset.

 "The girl can't fight she's decent but nothing compared to the people that are going to be there. It makes me nervous because I just started properly training her last week." I said as he finished fitting me into my ball gown I was required to wear. It was much different then my typical suit but my father made sure I was in a gown.

"I don't want to scare you Aleena but things aren't looking good for Billie. If she gets put on the chopping block just remember that you have control of the business and walk out of there like the mafia queen you are. You look amazing." He said giving me a pep talk. 

"Alright alright I get it. 

*Billie's POV*

Someone came into my room a few minutes ago and helped me into the dress it honestly looked so amazing. Whoever picked this out has great style. I know that Aleena left a note but I highly doubt she picked this out for me.

The damage I had done to my arms had lightly scabbed over in these past few days so I covered it in make up seeing as my gown isn't long sleeved. I used a heavy coverage foundation I had borrowed from a house worker so the cuts weren't noticeable unless you were looking for them.

 It's around 8:00pm if I'm being honest I don't feel the most comfortable in a fancy ball gown. I've never done anything like this before. Disregarding my thoughts I carefully walk down the long stair case leading to the doors where Aleena was standing. 

She looked breath takingly beautiful did she look better in a suit in my opinion? Yes however she still looked just as flattering in a dress. 

*The picture below is Aleena's Dress.*

*The picture below is Billie's Dress

*The picture below is Billie's Dress.*

*Aleena's POV*

*Aleena's POV*

Billie walked down the stairs in this beautiful almost shining red ball gown that Bruce showed me. I really hoped nothing was going to happen to her tonight she had no idea what she was in for.. "You look ravishing." I complimented as her cheeks turned a faint shade of pink.

"Thank you I could say the same for you." She said as we walked down to the main entrance instead of the elevator because we had a limo waiting for us. I could tell she was anxious as she looked around for my parents. "Don't worry I made sure they took a different car." almost instantly after I had said that I could see her visibly relax a bit.

"Stay close to where I can see you. Don't talk to the men after you introduce yourself it would be in your best interest to only talk to the girls they have with them." I explained. "Why are you so worried about what's going to happen at the ball?" She asked. "My father goes a bit out there with the contests and loyalty trials he has us do." I said vaguely. 

"What is a loyalty test?" She asked getting even more confused. "Nothing you need to be worried about just stay close and we should be fine for the most part." I said and it was pretty quiet for the rest of the drive to the ball. 

I got out of the car and opened her door for her. "They are going to announce our names and everyone is going to look at the door. I don't want you to think they're staring but they usually do because of who my father is and what he stands for." I explained to her as we walked to the doors of the mansion the ball was being held in.

"Welcome back Ms. Royalty. Who might this be?" The guard asked already knowing me from years prior. "Billie O'Connell." I responded. "It's been a while since we've had an O'Connell in the building. Welcome." He said as we both walked in.

All eyes shifted towards us as they announced our names and we walked down the stairs. My first priority was making sure Billie was safe. Second was business. I needed to talk to a man from another mafia. I was allies with him and we needed to discuss a stocks trade deal. Billie stayed close not really knowing who to talk to.

"Hello Trevor." I said as I walked up to him and I assume his date. "Hi Aleena I assume you're here on business?" He asked with a small smirk as we continued to talk about our deal. I quickly ended the conversation not to look suspicious. Billie looked like she was getting along with whoever Trevor had brought to the dance.

"Well Trevor it was nice doing business with you but I have some other people I need to talk to so if you'll excuse me Billie and I will be over there." I said holding her hand as she said bye to the girl she was talking to. "You don't like that girl do you?" I asked hoping her answer would be no. "Not at all she was really stuck up." She said trying not to laugh.

"Good because in all honesty I can hardly stand Trevor for business let alone as a friend." I said as I heard all the doors shut and lock I knew the loyalty test was about to begin. We all grouped up in a crowd. Billie and I being closer to the front with Bullet, Bruce and a few other men that worked for my mafia.

The lights shut out and my father was put in a spot light. "Hello and welcome everyone to the annual Loyalty Test Ball!" He shouted as most cheered but I stayed silent. 

We were in for a long night..