To The Ground We Rocket

This will mostly be based off the TV show, but as I read the book, I might put easter eggs of book references in here.

This chapter is the same as the first episode. They will mostly be like the TV show until they're finally on Earth.

Clarke Griffin

The 100

I feel the sun on my face.
I see trees all around me, scent of wildflowers on a breeze.
It's so beautiful.
In this moment, I'm not stranded in space.
It's been 97 years since nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation.
Fortunately, there were survivors, twelve nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs.
There is now only the Ark, one station forged from the many.
We're told Earth needs another 100 years to become survivable again.
Four more space locked generations man can go home, back to the ground.
The ground, that's the dream.
This is reality.

Clarke moved her hand and finger back and forth against the charcool her mother brought her. The harsh white of her cell contrasted well with the small minerals of the ground up dust. There was no more wall space for her to make the beautiful pictures she loved doing, so she had to resort to the floor. The cold floor that has been her home for a year. Almost two because she's been here since she was sixteen, and her eighteenth birthday would be in another month, so more of a year and a half, but it feels longer than that.

The room was covered in charcoal pictures of the seven wonders of Earth. Of the ground. The place that wasn't save for humans. Not yet anyway, in a hundred years m

She kept moving her arm up and down, up and down, making the tree of the forest she was drawing stand out. Above the forest was the night sky, and a cresent moon.

She looked up startled as her prison door flung open, and a guard stepped in the room.

"Prisoner 3-1-9, face the wall."

Reality sucks.

The guard set down a case onto her metal nightstand, opening it and taking out a flat, two inch wide matel bracelet.

"What is this?" Clarke asked scared.

"Quiet." The guard ordered, commanding her to hold out her right arm.

"No. No." She protested as he walked aproached her.

"It's not my time. I don't turn 18 for another month." She said as angrily as she could with the fear racking through her. She didn't want to die. Not before saying good bye. Not in this cramped cell.

"Hold out your arm." Grunted the guard through gritted teeth.

On The Ark, every crime, no matter how small, is punishable by death - unless your under 18.

The guard was now in front of her.

"Your watch." He pointed to her right arm.

"No. It was my father's." She was not giving up the last thing she had of him.

"Take it off."

"No."

She fought him, pushing him, and the other guard away. She ran out into the hall, nearly falling over the railling outside of her cell. She saw all the teenagers being escorted out of their cells.

Juvenile offenders get put here, lock up.
We call it the Sky Box.

"Prisoner 3-1-9."