2. Present Day

"She probably didn't hear much of that."

*Present day in the fire nation palace, 5 years later *

Tylee walked through the halls of the palace on her way to see Mai. It was a bright and sunny day making her feel happy. Her and Mai hadn't seen each other in a while, not since they lost the war. Mai had said some things back at Ember island that has really bothered Tylee but she never brought it up to her. Today she wanted to see if Mai would be willing to go out to eat with her tonight. Tylee passed through another door way upon entering Mai's room in the palace.

"Hey, are you busy?" Tylee called out as she laid down onto Mai's bed.

"Not really, why are you wanting to do something?" Mai asked walking out of the bathroom finishing putting her hair up.

"Want to go and get dinner with me? I'm extremely bored and hungry." Tylee responded while looking at Mai's ceiling, her arms behind her head.

"What food are you thinking, because if you want rice again instead of anything meat i'll pass." Mai said blatantly as she sat down next to Tylee.

"But rice is so much better and doesn't involve killing any animals Mai?!" Tylee sat up and quickly looked at Mai with pleading eyes. "Pleaseeee can we have rice at my favorite place here in the palace?"

"I guess, but if you let me eat the Komodo chicken i'll wear pink with you." This was amazing news to Tylee. Mai was going to wear pink?! This meant that Tylee could wear something extra pink, like a dress instead of her normal cloths.

"Fantastic, I'll see you at 7 then!" Tylee yelled out to Mai as she ran down the palace hall all the way back to her room flopping down onto her bed grabbing onto the nearby stuffed animal.

"Can you believe it Ambreya, Mai's going to wear pink to eat with me tonight!" Tylee whisper yelled to her stuffed turtle duck. Ambreya was Tylees most prized possession, she's had it ever since her parents gave it to her when she was 6, before they died in the war.

It was only 3 in the afternoon at this point so Tylee decided she had enough time to slip into little space and out before she had to get ready to eat with Mai. She opened one of her nightstand drawers and pulled out a dark pink colored pacifier, placing it into her mouth smiling as she felt it enter and allowed her to slip into little space with ease.

"This is going to be the best night ever!"

An hour and a half later, Tylee had almost all of her stuffed animals strung out on the floor while she played tea party with them, watching her favorite cartoon on the flatscreen TV in front of her bed.

"What tea you wants Ambreya? this is strawberry tea, my most favorite!" She said as she fake poured tea into Ambreyas cup pouring some into her own.

After the tea party, Tylee decided she wanted to take a nap before she had to slip out a little space. Curling up next to her stuffed animals on her bed, she fell asleep peacefully drifting into dreamland.

It was now 6 o'clock and Tylee still laying in bed. She had to be up within the next 30 minutes to get ready for dinner with Mai. She dragged herself out of bed and returned her pacifier to the nightstand drawer. She picked up all of her stuffed animals including her tea set and placed the items back into the boxes under her bed.

After putting everything away she walked over to her closet and picked out a beautiful pink dress that showed off her curves. This one had glitter all over and sparkled in the light as she moved around. Looking in the mirror, she decided to do her hair up in two little fluffy buns and put pink glittery make up on.

Tylee couldn't wait to see what Mai was wearing, hoping that when she said pink she meant pink and not red which according to Mai is just a darker pink

After finishing all of her make up and making sure that her hair was just right, Tylee put on light pink soft heels that had butterflies on them before walking out of her room.

•Zuko's Pov•

Sitting by the turtle duck pond and feeding them bread was boring. There wasn't much to do all day for Zuko. Azula had meetings with other nation leaders and Zuko didn't have to do much around the palace since he stepped out of line for the throne to allow Azula to become Fire Lord. To be honest, Zuko never cared much for royalty stuff, he just wanted to be happy and do the things he wanted to do.

Which lead him to sitting by the turtle duck pond being bored for the last week.

" What do you think I should do?" Zuko asked the baby turtle duck who swam over to him for the bread.

As he feed it the rest of the bread he looked up to see Tylee walking down the hall on her way to Mai's to see if she was ready to go.

"Wonder what she's up to dressed like that." Zuko thought to himself. She does look cute like that, The way the dress sparkles as she walks. How she looks so happy without a care in the world.

Zuko and Tylee were friends but weren't exactly all that close either.

He looked back down at the turtle duck and got up to head back into the palace since he ran out of bread no longer being able to feed the creature. As he walked back into the palace he passed Tylee Who looked at him with a bright smile.

"Hi Zuko!" She said as she skipped passed him headed toward Mai's room.

"Hey Tylee" he said back in a lowered voice.