Chapter 18

All four of them ended up in the hospital, sharing a room. Izuku's arm and leg were wrapped Iida had both arms in slings. Todoroki had his arm patched up, and Eva had her arms and back patched up as well.

"Did you sleep, Midoriya?" Todoroki asked.

"No, not really," Izuku answered. "Eva?"

"No," She denied.

"I figured," Todoroki grunted. "Me neither."

"Thinking about that fight now, we did something pretty amazing," Izuku said.

"Yeah, I agree," Todoroki nodded.

"After everything that happened back there, it kinda feels like a miracle we're even alive," Izuku said.

"Yeah," Eva agreed.

"With my leg messed up, I was an easy target," Izuku said. "He probably could've killed me if he really wanted to.

"Yeah," Todoroki breathed as he looked at his arm. "Seems to me he let the three of us live on purpose. I'm impressed by you though, Iida. He was actually trying to murder you, but you stood tall."

"That's not true," Iida denied. He lowered his head. "I was--"

"Oh, so the injured youngins are awake," Grand Torino said as Manual opened the door.

"Gran Torino!" Izuku smiled.

"And Manual, too," Iida said.

"And Snow Bug!" Snow Bug greeted them as she appeared in the room.

"Idiot," Grand Torino growled at Izuku. "I could yell at you for hours right now. "

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Izuku whimpered as Grand Torino marched over to his bed.

"But before he does, all of you got a visitor," Snow Bug formed. They looked over to see another stepping in, they had the dog of a face.

"This is Hosu's chief of police," Grand Torino informed. "Kenji Tsuragamae." Todoroki, Iida, and Eva got to their feet. Izuku turned to face him.

"No, please, stay seated, woof," Tsuragamae ordered. "So, you're the U.A. Students who brought the down the Hero Killer, huh?"

"We are," Todoroki confirmed.

"Stain has some serious injuries. Severe burns of wind and fire, and several broken bones, along with signs of poisoning," Tsuragamae began. "Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard, woof." Izuku breathed warily. "Here's a lesson you should have already learned. When Quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use Quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't if they were licensed, of course, woof. It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly quirks. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that the early heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their Quirks to cause injury. Whether you were up against the Hero Killer or not, none of you had the authority to harm the villain, even you Yuki." Her eyes went wide. "I am well aware of the laws placed on fairies. That means the four of you and your supervisors--Snow Bug, Endeavor, Manual, and Grand Torino--should receive harsh punishments for this gross abuse of your powers."

"Now wait a minute," Todoroki growled. "If Iida had not stepped in Native would've been murdered. And if not for Midoriya, both of them would be dead. No one else even realized that the Hero Killer was in Hosu. Are you saying we should've just stood by and watched people die?"