Prologue - New Beginning

"CATCH UP TO HER DAMN IT!! KILL HER ALREADY!!" One of the men shouted, chasing a young girl who was most noticeably scratched all over.

"I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die..." She muttered to herself, again and again, barely dodging the amount of sharp stuff and sticks being thrown her way. The worst being rocks and lit torches as they surrounded her in a never-ending fire.

The fire taking place in the woods never made the escape from her captors easy.

She panted for breath, already tired with the chase even if it had only lasted for a couple of minutes. But after all, she hadn't really had that much stamina, to begin with. "That damn kitsune girl!"

She was already doubting herself. Doubting her capability and ability to continue moving forward.

Her tails swayed behind her as her ears laid flat atop her head, not wanting to take in the booming sounds of shouts and crackling fire around her. Eyes widening as she could feel a low branch hit her hard on the forehead.

Feeling herself slip as the dirt and sand below her caused her to fall into a ditch just beside her, the leaves that had piled up from the side covering the hole as she let out a small scream before covering her mouth.

But even when she did so, she could still hear her deep, tired breaths booming in her ears.

"Where did the kid go?!" One of them shouted in fury as she could hear leaves crushing and moving around her. Silencing her heavy breaths as she closed her eyes and only wished they didn't see her fall into the ditch.

But just as she finally thought she was free and her captives had let her go, the leaves that covered her had broken and fell onto her, some being removed as it flew back up to the top.

Her eyes widened in shock, as she crawled back, digging her back into the dirt behind her as an arm had fallen into the ditch.

An arm with no body attached to it as blood only spilled from the area where it's cut.

Looking up, her eyes had begun to tear up at the sight of a beheaded corpse, just dangling on the rim of the ditch as she looked around, [E/C] pupils moving back and forth frantically as she could no longer hear footsteps nor can she hear any voices.

Her heart beat repeatedly in her chest as it banged against her ribcage. Her head spun around as she felt herself feel dizzy, a wet feeling flowing down the side of her face as all was silent.

Nothing but the birds cawing in the background before she eventually passed out from fear as the last thing she could see was a silhouette of a pale white man who had popped out from the side of the ditch she was in.

~~~

"Who are you?" She questioned the figure in front of her, a shadow who stood up and had no source of the main body. She was surrounded by vast distant waters. Nothing but calm ocean-like waters. "Where am I?"

"It's alright if you don't remember" The shadow had spoken up, walking towards her as each step it took created a ripple in the water. "Do you trust me?" It spoke again as she only backed away, filled with anxious fear.

"Trust someone who could be a potential danger to not only me but someone else as well?" She had the confidence to ask, stopping as her back hit a wall, but when she took a look, nothing could be seen blocking her way. "Wh-Why would I do...that...?" She trailed off, as the figure then began to cup her face in its hands.

"Do you trust me?" It asked again, but its voice sounded more strict and forced than before as she could only gulp down the saliva that had built up from the back of her throat. "Do you, or do you not?" It asked again, but this time, bright purple orbs had glowed from the darkness.