Chapter 3 - Superiors

"Walking through the woods would be nice," She muttered to herself, resting her arm on the hilt of the sword that hung around her waist.

Before sighing as she heard growling come from behind her. "Or not." To which she grew frustrated before remembering about the growl.

"HAH! Anoth-"

"Fifth form: Aurora's Blessings," She said and in that quick second, she was able to slice his head off with ease and sheathe her blade the moment his head had come in contact with the floor.

She sighed. "When will all this end...?"

And in a fraction of a minute, his body was nowhere to be seen as he turned to dust and flew away in the wind.

But she still refused to move from her spot, despite the battle already being over. She still crouched down onto the ground, gripping the hilt of her blade in a tight grasp as her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Another demon?" She questioned before a slight rustle in the bush caused her to stand up and look around her frantically. "It feels strong," She said as she could feel her breaths getting heavier and heavier. The atmosphere grew thicker with every shaky breath she let out.

Before something had shone from the darkness in front of her, jumping to the side as the tree that stood beside her had exploded into smithereens. 'So fast!' She thought to herself, landing on the ground with a thud before unsheathing her blade yet again.

"Galaxy breathing, Fourth form..." She whispered underneath her breath, the words coming out as incoherent slurs. "Chamaeleon's-" But before she was able to chant a breath-form, another shiny thing had been thrown right at her, causing her to jump back yet again.

'I need to hide,' She silently thought to herself, looking around as her heterochromia orbs were immediately directed to one of the larger trees.

"Fourth form.." She chanted again, as she then kneeled onto the ground with closed eyes. "Chamaeleon's Cloak...!" Whisper shouting as she dodged another attack from the direction she came from again.

"Oh?" A curious voice could be heard from the place she once stood as she continued hiding behind the bush she had buried herself into. "She escaped already?" It sounded again, as it began to pick up the things that shone like gold.

With a flick or a wrist, a gust of wind passed by her and she shivered at the low temperatures it gave off. 'A fan' She thought, now realizing what it was as she continued to observe the demon in front of her.

"She must be hiding somewhere," It said again, as it began to roam the area, and the next it took a footstep to the side, it disappeared from her line of sight as she only continued to hold her breath.

Letting out a sigh of relief, after realizing it had finally left, she peeked her orbs through the branches of the bush she hid in. Eyes darting left and right, looking for signs of the demon she had just encountered before she froze in her spot.

Both from fear and surprise as she felt the ground of her surroundings grow cold.

"Found you~" It sang, and with no time to react, she was thrown into the trunk of a tree, her back coming into contact with it first as she fell to the ground, and coughed dryly.

"Aren't you a beauty?" It questioned as she only ignored it and chanted under her breath. "Second form-"

"You have pretty eyes too," Appearing in front of her too as her eyes widened, feeling a hand grasp her chin and force her to look up into glowing rainbow-colored eyes. "I might have to save those for last," He said, licking the bottom of his lip as she gritted her teeth.