Chapter 1

I was on the verge of death, again. The last time this happened was when I was still a young, foolish child. It was the famous Tokyo Apartment Fire when my parents died. A villian set fire to my building. Screams and panicked cries could be heard as the fire engulfed the building like it was nothing. My parents were crushed under the burning bookshelf and I just stood there, watching in horror. By that age, I already manifested my quirk. I could lift small objects without touching. I could have done something, anything, yet I just stood there, like a frozen deer, watching the scene unfold before my very eyes.

I choked and wheezed as oxygen only became more scarce in the thick black smoke. I only remembered I was saved by a hero before I went unconscious.

My only kin left is my uncle. I have no idea where he is. I don't even know his name.

It is a miracle I am still alive, though I did not want to be. I hated how useless I was.

Yet, this fine day, I faced a villian, again. I stayed motionless on the ground being as helpless as I already was. My body heated up but I felt cold, eyes no longer able to focus. Both were side effects of overusing my quirk. My body ached as the salty taste of metal filled my mouth. The environment was too noisy and chaotic for me to process what was going on.

Still paralysed by the notorious serial killer, Stain, I prepared for the worst, which was to die.

I watched as Stain lifted his sword with ease and pummeled it down almost instantly. I closed my eyes and awaited for the pain.

Before it could arrive, the temperature around me dropped drastically as ice surrounded me like a protective barrier.

Frantic footsteps and shouts from a boy oh, so familiar could be heard before darkness consumed me.

I wasn't going to die.